brad1150

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:44 PM

I have a Psp that I bougth from someone. They say they tried to turn i ton adn it just didn't turn on. I bought it from that person for $1. I don't see any damage, he said he hasn't tried to mod the firmware in it. When I try to switch it on, it doesn't do anything. Nothing on lcd, no led's, does the same when I try to start it while plugged in.

#2 wwwyzzerdd

wwwyzzerdd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Modding and repairing game consoles and computers, and jammin on the guitar
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:43 AM

so the charge light doesnt come on either? if not then it might be the board where the dc-in slot is

take it apart and check the connections on that, but be careful the psp is very fragile, and its screws strip very easily as well

Edited by wwwyzzerdd, 27 May 2007 - 12:45 AM.

#3 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:42 AM

It sounds like the psp is bricked....you might need a new motherboard

#4 brad1150

brad1150

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:56 AM

I don't realy get how it could be bricked, but I don't see any damage on the board.

#5 calibre6

calibre6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Location:Look over your shoulder......nope......the other one!!!
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:08 AM

The person you bought it from probably deleted the Flash0 directory and rebooted. That's a big mistake.....

Either get a new motherboard or install a modchip. I found a guy who could unbrick a psp for AU$90.

#6 rogerpe

rogerpe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:08 AM

Modchip is the cheapest and in my opinion the easiest way. Installing the modchip however requires _a lot_ experience with modchips and ruining the motherboard is easy. Just find someone near yourself who could do the job smile.gif

#7 RedMageModder

RedMageModder

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

if you have good soldering skills the modchip shouldn't be to hard. but i use a pencil tip station for most of my mods so mobo work isn't to hard. the mainboard is very small (3 inches) and the modchip (UP) involves scratching away at the mobo. just, before you try to work on this, go to radio-shack, pick up a few pcb, and work on soldering small wires to small areas, so you get the hang of soldering on such a small scale. It makes XBOX mobo work look like child's play.

#8 brad1150

brad1150

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

Well, its not exactly bricked. The people over at afterdawn said I should get a charger and see if its jsut the battery. And, where can I get a pencil tip iron? I keep having to pull out my dremel and grind down the tip of my iron.

#9 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

If you want to check if its just the battery, then just find someone who has a working battery and try it in yours, and also try your battery in their psp.

As for the soldering iron...you can just go to radio shack and pick one up for about $10

And you should never grind down the tip of your soldering iron, if you would just take care of it more the tips will last a good while. Clean the tip after each use with some flux then "tin" it with solder (apply a little bit of solder to the tip)

#10 brad1150

brad1150

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:46 PM

Well, I don't really know anyone that has a psp and is near me. Also, whats bad about grinding down the tip? I lost my flux and I needed a really small point.

#11 gorgs

gorgs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:09 AM

It sounds like the psp is bricked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users