2 replies to this topic

#1 Surazal

Surazal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:13 AM

Ok, right off the bat I am going to state I know this is an incompatibility with something on my PC.
Hopefully someone can chime in with any info they might have.

I've ruled out the IDE bus as I get the same problem going through a IDE-USB2 connector.
I have verified the drive functionality on another system running the same OS and patch levels.

PROBLEM:
Anytime an original disc is inserted into the drive XBC spins the disc. At the top right under the SH-D162C drive selected in the drop-down I see "Media Type Waiting For Drive...."
At the bottom in what looks to be the current activity/logging window I see "Getting media info [X]"
X has been different drive letters depending on how I have attempted to connect the drive.

System Current Config: Asus A8V Deluxe with HDD Arrays on Promise and Via RAID controllers. IDE system contains a single burner (Pio 111).
Currently the Pioneer is on Primary IDE as Master.
The SH-D16C with Kreon 0.81 is on Secondary as Master. Drive is February 2007 model which according to the label had TS05 although it came pre-flashed with Kreon 0.81.

Diagnostic Steps taken:
1. Used the drive in another system. Drive appeared on the Secondary Master and using the IDE-USB Convertor 1 when connected to another system. There was one odd thing, on the other system the Bytes Used reported as Unknown Drive State. However the extracted ISO worked and the SS matched with one from another source.
2. Tried different connections and settings.
IDE-USB Convertor 1, failed.
IDE-USB Convertor 2, failed.
Secondary IDE with no slave set as Master, failed.
Secondary IDE with no slave set as Cable Select, failed.
Primary IDE as set as Slave to Pioneer, failed
Primary IDE set as Cable Select with Pioneer as Master, failed
Primary IDE set as Cable Select with no slave, failed.
Primary IDE set as Master with no slave, failed.
Primary IDE set as Master with Pioneer set as Slave, failed.
3. Uninstalled old version of Deamon Tools
4. Changed Secondary IDE Device 1 from "DMA if availabell" to "PIO Only", still didn't work, have reverted back to "DMA if available"
5. Uninstalled PowerIso
6. Turned Auto-Insert and Auto-run back on for all devices. Still not working.

I could really use some ideas as the only other CD/DVD software I have installed is CloneCD and Nero 6.6

#2 Surazal

Surazal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:53 AM

Forgot to mention, yes the clonecd tray icon is disabled and there is no drive emulation software installed now.

#3 Surazal

Surazal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:32 AM

Just to close this out. Reflashed with Kreon 0.81 per the advice of M0mD4d and the drive now works perfectly. Even the weird Unknown Drive State message on the other computer is gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users