• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FILTHY J NASTY

FILTHY J NASTY

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Interests:Quads and cars! I used to love modding 360s, but when I got my new falcon I stopped =/ .
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:01 AM

Just a quick question, which ones are brighter and would give a hole square window a nice even, bright glow using sickmods led boards?

#2 Omnix1299

Omnix1299

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:40 AM

honestly, with finished results you wont see much of a difference both are about the same in brightness when it comes to the the space inside a 360 if you want a good lighting effect you need to find something that will delute the light and spread it evenly, much like the effect that frosting a window gives when LEDs are put behind it, ou want the light to be spread out evenly, youve done a good job when its hard to see where the LED is actually at.

#3 FILTHY J NASTY

FILTHY J NASTY

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Interests:Quads and cars! I used to love modding 360s, but when I got my new falcon I stopped =/ .

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:44 AM

So in the end if i install about 20 leds on the bottom of the 360 and on the top using 3mm or smd, i wont really tell a difference??

#4 Omnix1299

Omnix1299

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

20 LEDs is WAY WAY WAY too much, if you want ULTRA bright mayb go with a Cathode? no, 10 LEDs max, try to find something that will delute the light REALLY well, for my original Xbox i used Tracing paper and tacked it down with superglue, it did pretty well but it still have the spotting effect and you could tell that there were LEDs, no if youve done it right the glow will seem to just come from the console without any real source, but never do 20 thats not only too much but jsut not worth it, 5 would give you enough as is, but if you want people to stop and say DUDE your xbox 360 is on friggin FIRE from the lights then id do no more than 10, also alot of hottglue may be a good light diffuser

#5 FILTHY J NASTY

FILTHY J NASTY

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:53 AM

Well they dont make orange cathodes.

I was gonna use 2 of these:

LED Board PCB from Sickmods

and i was gonna put them on the grills , 1 set near the dvd drive and the other by the cpu heat sink..

and there were gonna be ether 11, 3mm or 11 0603 leds on each side,

And i wanted it to light up the hole box if i were to do a square cut.

#6 Omnix1299

Omnix1299

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:04 AM

hmm, yea that sounds pretty good. Heres what i would do, Find a REALLY good diffuser, a REALLY REALLY neat trick that ive noticed is if you take SUPER fine sand paper and run it along the edges that dont show on your plex glass and run just 1 LED from the corner running parallel with the edge of that plexi on every corner itll actually make you whole glass glow because the scratches in the plexi with diffuse the light well enough to carry it, its not so much about how bright you want it from what it sounds, the way you make it sound you want quality lighting that runs evenly throughout the 360. so what i suggest find clear plastic tubing and trim it about 1/2 an inch away from the edge of your window edge all the way around. get some white Latex sparypaint and evenly coat the tubing with it. and just run LEDs throughout that bad boy. the whte will diffuse the light really well and the tubing is really good and capturing the light for paint to diffuse.

#7 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:51 AM

Mine has 8 leds and its bright enough.

#8 Gokussj5okazu

Gokussj5okazu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

Mine has 6 3mms on each end of the window, diffused by hot glue. Works quite well, but I have done more before. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users