• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 chinoqrz

chinoqrz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

hey guys! i was hopping you could help men, i happend to have my xbox with unleash X but i have the famouse x-mas lights problem it over heats in less than 5min, ive read that you can change youre fan speed with unleash X and ive tried doing it but i cant seem to find the option on how to do it, s i was wondering maybe someone would be nice enough to tell me where and how to find this option on my XBOX it would be very helpful thnks....

#62 D_arkTrooper

D_arkTrooper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

Is anyone else having issues when trying to upload via QWIX?

FlashFXP works fine but QWIX just doesnt do anything when trying to upload.I`ve reverted back to 0.37.1218A Build 543 and everything started working great again.

#63 charis_k

charis_k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:10 PM

cool.gif
Thank you for the update dudes, (better say it late than never.. rolleyes.gif ..sorry)

You were the best,
you are the best,
and you are still here

I have to say that i have no problems at all and i am very happy with the best and yet updated dash;)

Keep up wink.gif

Edited by charis_k, 07 September 2007 - 05:15 PM.

#64 Marusame

Marusame

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:51 AM

Okay i replaced the only other .xbe anywhere that was reported to work and it messed my xbox up. I get a needs servicing error. I have no dash and i cant ftp anymore. BUT i can launch games. is there anyway to put my linux installer on the xbox again. what would happen if i stuck my hdd in my comp could i add em that way? i have an extra 20 gig lying around could i use that???? the only thing i did was replace the file it (VAGUELY) told me about. pls man i just need my old dash back how can i do it... how do i call on this backup i know it has it?

i was on a low number build like 400 something i beleive. Splinter cell wont recognize my mem card. what about mechassault i have that too. All im asking is a way to replace the xboxdash.xbe again. man why dont you guys allow any build to update cause it is doing is causeing troubles. if i somehow fix this im not updateing ever again.

#65 Marusame

Marusame

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

okay heres what im going to try and do. im downloading AID (v4.01 i beleive) i know its not the newest but thats how i want it. im going to see if it can launch it( i can play games on it so i have a small sliver of hope)

Then im going to use the aids ftp on the install screen and hopefully replace it with a backup i made just before i overwrote it with the update(its a damn good thing im careful cause i hear its unique to each system)

Yeah i renamed the default.xbe with xboxdash.xbe copied the original to my hdd and overwrote it.next thing i know i get error 13. Really that update readme was the most Vaguest readme ive ever read in my life.

Note: Live Update server will only work with V0.39.0515A Build 583. If you are
manually updating the dash, you only need to copy Default.xbe and
replace your dash. Do not copy config.xml as this will overwrite your
settings.

someone pls explain where i copy this default at and what i replace the dash with if i do at all.
=you only need to copy Default.xbe and replace your dash
=translation to me, overwrite dash with the default.xbe.
=other translation, copy over default.xbe and replace the dash with some other file not specified.

I know of the Evodash located is some back corners of the hdd partition but thats where the physical portion of unleashx is and i cant get to it. also i hear replacing that messes with the boot. if i get this to work ill post how i did it and where i put that file and what to replace, if you truly replace anything. then ill see if i can get it made where thats the readme cause this is very very very vague, or poorly worded.

My xbox was softmodded with the spintercell installer, it has a backup of both mod and dash on the hdd of which i cant access so i dont know why they make you back it up.....

In conclusion, newbs out there, dont mess with these:
Evodash
xboxdash.xbe(especially not this one)
or any other file that has an xbe on it or in the main installed folder.

#66 kalduo

kalduo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Marusame @ Sep 16 2007, 07:50 AM) View Post

In conclusion, newbs out there, dont mess with these:
Evodash
xboxdash.xbe(especially not this one)
or any other file that has an xbe on it or in the main installed folder.

im scared, i want to manually update my unleashx build 543, but all i can find is a file called E:/Systeme/dashboard/hackdash.xbe . I figure this is the file i need to replace because it's the only file on my hard drive that's paired with a config.xml

if anyone can give some advice on manually updating a softmodded xbox I'm sure it would make xbox life a lot easier on all of us

Edited by kalduo, 24 September 2007 - 06:59 PM.

#67 zedd56

zedd56

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:29 PM

I LOVE UnleashX SO MUCH

but i need to know a few things:

i first got unleashx through the splinter cell exploit package, cant remember which build it was
i didnt update yet, but im pretty sure i just rename the default to evoxdash.xbe and replace the existing file.

im not sure if this is for everybody, but i've got two different dashboards... i have one in C:/, and one in E:/UDATA/5185554 i think... its the menu that was used to install the dash from splinter cell in the beginning and i can run it, it has the patch ms dash option, and all the backup / install softmod options

1: people keep saying stuff about evodash.xbe... i dont have this file.. oh well, it works fine anyways

2: I've posted this before (can't remember where) but i want to know how to make the MS Dash option work.
when i try to load up my ms dash, i get a 21. I copied unleashx dash files over top of my ms dash 5960 files, that didnt help.. BUT, now i have sound in UX, and my big blue x's turned into tiny little green ones... odd....

--EDIT--

Dont know if this is important, but the other dash in my udata folder is started whenever i boot my xbox with the cd tray open. otherwise, the C drive UX is booted.

Also: 1: Is there any way to go from a game back to the dash without rebooting the box? because when i open the cd tray, the game starts playing off of ram

and 2: somebody mentioned this before, but is there any way to boot to UX with a game in the drive?

Edited by zedd56, 11 November 2007 - 03:43 PM.

#68 DJ Therrien

DJ Therrien

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:29 AM

Hey I've had a softmod on my Xbox for awhile and haven't updated. I have one problem right now I can't get the update because of the dash I have and I need some help on getting it to work.

I'm using v0.37.1218A build 543 so any advice on how to get the latest update would be great.

#69 wojtas-nm

wojtas-nm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 06:09 PM

ty so much ^^

#70 DJ Therrien

DJ Therrien

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:05 AM

Okay I have the update now but my problem is that it keeps loading my old dash any suggestions?

Edited by DJ Therrien, 23 November 2007 - 01:12 AM.

#71 severedknight7

severedknight7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:29 AM

umm, where is the link to download this file????

#72 zedd56

zedd56

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:41 PM

Dj Therrien- I had the same problem as you. You replaced evox dash in c:\ right?

well go to your E:\ drive and there should be another evoxdash there... thats the one that gets booted at startup. Replace that one. Oh, and btw, if you wanna mess around with ur config, you have to use the one in ur E:\

Hope i helped.

#73 dannytrfc

dannytrfc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:04 PM

how do i download this update?

#74 chukydragon

chukydragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:49 PM

how i ca get it

#75 shinryuuken

shinryuuken

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(zedd56 @ Nov 27 2007, 09:17 AM) View Post

Dj Therrien- I had the same problem as you. You replaced evox dash in c:\ right?

well go to your E:\ drive and there should be another evoxdash there... thats the one that gets booted at startup. Replace that one. Oh, and btw, if you wanna mess around with ur config, you have to use the one in ur E:\

Hope i helped.

Its DEFINATELY the E:\evoxdash.xbe; I had the same problems and had to dance aroun with replacing and rebooting with AID to recover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users