X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Technology and everything new
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

Hello again guys, hope all is well, i have this small question. If i have two xbox360 with the following states:
1. A new xbox360 but with a broken DVD drive which i wasnt able to read the key from (So xbox is useless) sad.gif = "Woking Mobo"
2. Another xbox360 with three red lights of doom but with a working DVD drive. = "Broken Mobo"

My question is, can i somehow, remove some parts from the xbox#2 and put it on the mobo of xbox#1. Something like removing the eprom chip from the mobo. I suppose the key is written there.

So my theory is, if i take the eprom from that broken motherboard, and place it in that working motherboard, and ofcourse take with it the working DVD drive. Would it work? I think yes, but i need you guys to assure me.

Thanx in advance smile.gif

#2 DrJeckyll

DrJeckyll

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:03 AM

The first one is useless, dump it on ebay.

Fix the second one with a X-clamp replacement.

#3 amnya

amnya

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(DrJeckyll @ May 29 2007, 12:39 PM)  

The first one is useless, dump it on ebay.

Fix the second one with a X-clamp replacement.

1. How much would it sell on ebay
2. Can i or can't i take the eprom from the second one and put it in this one? because this useless xbox problem is in the dvd and no key, so if i do the suggested thing, will it work? since they key (i suppose) is in the eprom of the mobo only.

Does it work or not? thanx

#4 DrJeckyll

DrJeckyll

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:55 AM

With a big risk that both 360's become unrepairable.

Either sell the other one or save it for when someone figures out how to extract the code from the motherboard.

#5 amnya

amnya

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(DrJeckyll @ May 29 2007, 01:31 PM)  

With a big risk that both 360's become unrepairable.

Either sell the other one or save it for when someone figures out how to extract the code from the motherboard.

Wish someone will figure out how to extract the code from the motherboard, jeez how i'll be happy.
As for the risk, i dont know if its worth taking, but in general, how much would this core console with all its accessories worth on ebay or here, anywhere, dunno. cz i have no idea. it works and gets to the dashboard, and u can play games from a hdd but no dvd. so any ideas about the value of them? thanx smile.gif

#6 DrJeckyll

DrJeckyll

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:44 PM

Wish someone will figure out how to extract the code from the motherboard, jeez how i'll be happy.

You and everybody else with a bricked or broken drive. I wish more people would stop wishing and do more fishing for the code biggrin.gif

#7 Joust

Joust

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(amnya @ May 29 2007, 10:52 AM)  

1. How much would it sell on ebay
2. Can i or can't i take the eprom from the second one and put it in this one? because this useless xbox problem is in the dvd and no key, so if i do the suggested thing, will it work? since they key (i suppose) is in the eprom of the mobo only.

Does it work or not? thanx

#1 If you do list it, please detail the problem. I bought one box from a guy that was advertised as unopened working 100%. turned out to be a bricked hitachi DVD with all numbers wipped off the label, the motherboard had its eeprom Removed as well. so it only gave a red light on the power block.
The Bastard lives in Mississuaga and his Ebay ID is ourfuture01
Not suggesting you do this sort of thing

#2 The eprom cannot be moved from one 360motherboard to the next withough the key from the CPU.
Or were you suggesting putting the eprom from your DVD #1 onto the other DVD #2 so you can get its key for Xbox#1. This would work. but you risk bricking both of them. I wouldn't try it unless there were the same make model and rev.

#8 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(DrJeckyll @ May 29 2007, 01:20 PM)  

You and everybody else with a bricked or broken drive. I wish more people would stop wishing and do more fishing for the code biggrin.gif

well i wish more people would stop pissing around with useless hackable dvd firmware and start trying to get some actual homebrew on the go, but we can't all get what we want

Edited by grim_d, 29 May 2007 - 03:35 PM.

#9 gummyworm31

gummyworm31

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

Damn... this is exactly what happened to me, but I already cut the heatsinks for x-clamp replacements. (not sure if i can put it back on ebay tongue.gif ) I'm gonna have to fix the broken board with the working dvd drive. (0002... i'll start a new thread on it smile.gif )

#10 DrJeckyll

DrJeckyll

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE(grim_d @ May 29 2007, 05:10 PM)  

well i wish more people would stop pissing around with useless hackable dvd firmware and start trying to get some actual homebrew on the go, but we can't all get what we want

I agree, flashing the firmware everytime can't be good for your drive. When on live you'll run the risk that MS's bans your drive too. In my opinion fight hardware with hardware and install a modchip. It doesn't flash your drive and is easily disabled for XBL. It would save quite some bricked drives too.

#11 ScrewinGates

ScrewinGates

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:23 PM

if the dvd drives r the same just switch the dvd board from the from the bad drive and put it in the good drive.then use the good dvd with the good mother board,then voila,working 360

#12 DrJeckyll

DrJeckyll

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

What about the key then? That will only work if the laser's shot.

Edited by DrJeckyll, 29 May 2007 - 09:00 PM.

#13 wellmodded

wellmodded

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE(ScrewinGates @ May 29 2007, 04:29 PM)  

if the dvd drives r the same just switch the dvd board from the from the bad drive and put it in the good drive.then use the good dvd with the good mother board,then voila,working 360

he write VOILA and u have a A 3.0ghz cpu and gpu that cna only play cd and dvd biggrin.gif gotta love tht much power jus tto watch dvds smile.gif lol

#14 amnya

amnya

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(wellmodded @ May 30 2007, 10:40 AM)  

he write VOILA and u have a A 3.0ghz cpu and gpu that cna only play cd and dvd biggrin.gif gotta love tht much power jus tto watch dvds smile.gif lol

So it wont work, right? i mean you cannot and will now have a working xbox360 that plays dvd GAMES originals and copies if hacked, right? just wont work

QUOTE(Joust @ May 29 2007, 06:01 PM)  

#1 If you do list it, please detail the problem. I bought one box from a guy that was advertised as unopened working 100%. turned out to be a bricked hitachi DVD with all numbers wipped off the label, the motherboard had its eeprom Removed as well. so it only gave a red light on the power block.
The Bastard lives in Mississuaga and his Ebay ID is ourfuture01
Not suggesting you do this sort of thing

#2 The eprom cannot be moved from one 360motherboard to the next withough the key from the CPU.
Or were you suggesting putting the eprom from your DVD #1 onto the other DVD #2 so you can get its key for Xbox#1. This would work. but you risk bricking both of them. I wouldn't try it unless there were the same make model and rev.

#1 My xbox360 IS opened, motherboard is untouched, only the DVD drive is bricked, when i tried to flash it, i heard a voice and smell of a burnt chip. Ever since my flash reads 040 instead of 020 and hangs on 00%. So just put everything back together and got another 360. Anyways, this 360 works 100% to dashboard and plays games from HDD, its unbanned and there is no problem with the mobo. Just the DVD is bricked.
#2 As for the eprom, i understand you say it wont work coz of the cpu, well ok, if i remove the cpu, gpu and flash from th mem, will it work then? cz you see am selling this xbox to someone who wants to try this, and i dnt want to sell him if it wont work the 1st place, so am asking here to first make sure it DOES work and then i would sell him with some piece of mind that if it ddnt then HE did sth wrong and not that I am a bastard as "ourfuture01".

Any ideas if #1 how much would it sell for with all accessories and #2 if it works? thaaanx smile.gif

QUOTE(DrJeckyll @ May 29 2007, 03:20 PM)  

If i knew where to look or what to start with, i WOULD gladly start searching, but i have no idea or knowledge of what do i have to know in order to start tracing this. I do though suggest from time to time of possible ways that microsoft might be using to detect hacks. So i am helping where i can, if someone can give me more skills that might help us all in the future, am more than happy to learn.

Cheers

#15 DrJeckyll

DrJeckyll

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:43 AM

I believe the ID/key may be elsewhere on the board. Possibly on the sticker behind the RF-board. I found some similairities between the code and my ID. I only think that it's just luck.

Wish I had more ID's to fumble with. There's probably some checksum you have to add to the code or some logical operations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users