3 replies to this topic

#1 reapest

reapest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:27 PM

Hi all!

First of all I want to say that maybe I'm a newbie member of this forum but I visit XBox-Scene every day and read your post quite often. Reading those as well as many other forums about gaming on Xbox and other platforms, I became more and more certain that digital, online distribution is the best way to suppress piracy. I've heard that the banhammer striked down over 33% of the Live users. Most of them never bought a single original game...

So why would be online distribution great on Live?
- thanx to the new 120GB HDD it's not impossible
- the Marketplace is already a wonderful download system
- games could be much cheaper (appealing to those download games from the net because their price)
- I haven't heard so far that Live content (Arcade games, add-ons) could be pirated

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. I made a poll anyway and I'd like you to fill it out wheter you agree with me or not. I'd like to make some statistics and every opinion is welcome, every information makes some significance. If you have a spare minute (it won't take any longer), please fill it out!
You can find it at: http://reapest.uw.hu/xbox/index.php
Thank you!

And I would like to keep this thread alive. To tell the truth I tried to start an online distribution site but the publisher I've contacted didn't like the idea. If a large group of people answers the last question in my poll with 'yes' (if they ever used pirated x360 game before, they wouldn't do it again if it's cheap on Live), by going to an online petition site, maybe we could make it happen - and M$ might get back that 33%!

#2 MIII

MIII

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

umm sorry to tell you dude... you can pirate xbl downloads. all it takes is those nice things called modchips. wink.gif

#3 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(MIII @ Jun 1 2007, 06:57 AM) View Post

umm sorry to tell you dude... you can pirate xbl downloads. all it takes is those nice things called modchips. wink.gif

uh what? says who? source?

#4 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:51 PM

Some of the Maverick you cannot copy over to other xbox's - I'm not sure if they've changed that now with patches, but I know my Halo 2 maps did not carry over to another xbox when I copied them, I had to redownload them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users