• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xsetmexafirex

xsetmexafirex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:47 AM

Sorry I didn't know where else to turn or if anyone else had this problem....

I current downloaded the free map pack off of live. But I used my friends internet to do so, (I just brang my hdd to his house and hooked it up to his xbox 360) and when I came back to play threw direct connection it won't load the extra 2 maps I just downloaded.. I then took my xbox to his house and connect threw live and tada it was there. But when unplug the internet cable it doesnt show my maps anymore.

This is bad exspeicaly cause I ususally play threw a router with my friend on his xbox but my maps won't load. What do I do now? I don't want to connect to live everytime to use the new maps. My friend doesn't have to for his whats up with mine? PLEASE help I have no idea whats goin on.

#2 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:07 PM

downloads are linked to the original 360 they are downloaded on, to prevent theft ( i know they are free but they work just like purchased items), no matter the hard drive. delete the maps, then bring your 360 with your hard drive to his house and download them. otherwise you MUST be signed into live to use them.

Edited by hamwbone, 31 May 2007 - 12:08 PM.

#3 malbowsier

malbowsier

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

Yes you just need to sign into live to use them....

No fair though you paid and downloaded them so you should be able to use them offline too.

Damm M$

#4 xsetmexafirex

xsetmexafirex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE(hamwbone @ May 31 2007, 05:43 AM) View Post

downloads are linked to the original 360 they are downloaded on, to prevent theft ( i know they are free but they work just like purchased items), no matter the hard drive. delete the maps, then bring your 360 with your hard drive to his house and download them. otherwise you MUST be signed into live to use them.

I dont think thats nesscarily true....like my friend who downloaded it on his xbox with HIS hdd works just fine off line for him....so I dunno? sucky if not.

#5 r3coil

r3coil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:32 AM

i can only get mine to work online

#6 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(xsetmexafirex @ May 31 2007, 06:11 PM) View Post

I dont think thats nesscarily true....like my friend who downloaded it on his xbox with HIS hdd works just fine off line for him....so I dunno? sucky if not.

Your friend doesn't have to be on Live because he downloaded them to HIS HDD and with HIS console.

Yours do not work offline because you downloaded them to your HDD with HIS console.

Didn't know they locked free content also, nice for those that are banned and have a 2nd console for Live, they can't even use the maps on the banned console. dry.gif

#7 DaShiZNiT

DaShiZNiT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:10 PM

yeah it stinks but always remember this little rule,

when buying ANYTHING on LiVE make sure that you are downloading it with your xbox

I got screwed buying a few arcade games w/ my profile on a memory card @ a friends house

the only good thing about this archaic DRM is that if you have two 360's you can basicly get the content working on both using one acct

#8 xsetmexafirex

xsetmexafirex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:16 PM

Hmmm probably this is why I can only play it when I am connected to live...that totally blows I mean what about the people who just want to play it via lan connection? I dont think M$ really thought this threw....honestly I fucking hate it so much. =P I don't EVER use live I never did with my xbox1. I always used xlink kai for halo matches and what not. It seems sinceless you cant share FREE media with your friends....not everyone has live or wants to download it....over and over again. It would be simplier for one person to download it then put it on a memory card or something then TA DA done.

Speaking of which I did end up buying a power/sata connector for my hdd. I guess it's pointless if you can only back up your stuff for you only...wonder if theres a way to edit it for other people? Lame if not.

Well damn I suppose I'll have to connect to live to play on a router.... dry.gif f**king lame. Well thanks for the info, if anything changes or knows how to undo the whole thing by all means...

Edited by xsetmexafirex, 01 June 2007 - 10:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users