4 replies to this topic

#1 safdl

safdl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:21 PM

hi all,

yesterday i updated the fw on my new x360 to ixtreme 1 (old 360 got banned so its going on ebay)

i was under the impression that the majority of my games were bad backups and hence wouldnt work.

surprisingly they do, iv checked them on mulletter and they all check out. also tried booting them on my new 360 and they work ok too.

1 area or game that concerns me is that when i play my fifa 07 online it works (mulletters ok'd it, also ixtreme boots it) but it only works as far as the first minute of a live game then i get a dirty disc error and i have to reboot it. this happens all the time and its not a 1 off. if its a bad game its not supposed to boot right ?? and also mulletter is supposed to pick it up isnt it? iv never had this problem on my banned 360 when i was on live. its only been 2 weeks since banning and my new 360 so the disc is in the same condition too.

also if all my games appear to be stealth and they check out (ixtreme/mulletter) then im wondering how i got banned in the first place....?? i used to have a hitachi drive (not sure which one as i pay to get my 360 modded, so dont know any specifics)

is anyone aware of a dirty disc fault with ixtreme ? and why would stealth games cause a ban on my hitachi ?

p.s i had one of the first few fw mods which required the component cable to be pulled out on occassion.
only thing i can think of is that fifa is backed up on a crappy disc and all my other games are on verbs.

i desperately dont wanna get banned again so any advice or help is greatly appreciated and i cant afford another prem 360 is this one goes TiTs up

#2 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:I like breaking shit!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(safdl @ Jun 9 2007, 12:57 PM) View Post

hi all,

yesterday i updated the fw on my new x360 to ixtreme 1 (old 360 got banned so its going on ebay)

i was under the impression that the majority of my games were bad backups and hence wouldnt work.

surprisingly they do, iv checked them on mulletter and they all check out. also tried booting them on my new 360 and they work ok too.

1 area or game that concerns me is that when i play my fifa 07 online it works (mulletters ok'd it, also ixtreme boots it) but it only works as far as the first minute of a live game then i get a dirty disc error and i have to reboot it. this happens all the time and its not a 1 off. if its a bad game its not supposed to boot right ?? and also mulletter is supposed to pick it up isnt it? iv never had this problem on my banned 360 when i was on live. its only been 2 weeks since banning and my new 360 so the disc is in the same condition too.

also if all my games appear to be stealth and they check out (ixtreme/mulletter) then im wondering how i got banned in the first place....?? i used to have a hitachi drive (not sure which one as i pay to get my 360 modded, so dont know any specifics)

is anyone aware of a dirty disc fault with ixtreme ? and why would stealth games cause a ban on my hitachi ?

p.s i had one of the first few fw mods which required the component cable to be pulled out on occassion.
only thing i can think of is that fifa is backed up on a crappy disc and all my other games are on verbs.

i desperately dont wanna get banned again so any advice or help is greatly appreciated and i cant afford another prem 360 is this one goes TiTs up

hitachi didnt have the right media stealth or none at all. AFAIK

#3 safdl

safdl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(Navillos @ Jun 9 2007, 07:16 PM) View Post

hitachi didnt have the right media stealth or none at all. AFAIK

that would mean all hitachi users got banned though wouldnt it ? or should expect a ban.....

the games i had were all stealthed though. im a noob so apologies if im talking crap.

p.s back to the original question....anyone know why i am getting the dirty disc error and more importantly am i the only one ?

#4 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:I like breaking shit!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(safdl @ Jun 9 2007, 01:19 PM) View Post

that would mean all hitachi users got banned though wouldnt it ? or should expect a ban.....

the games i had were all stealthed though. im a noob so apologies if im talking crap.

p.s back to the original question....anyone know why i am getting the dirty disc error and more importantly am i the only one ?

dirty disc might be your lasers dirty or needs a little pot tweak. i think most all the hitachi users were banned, except for some of the newer hitachi versions. look up the numbers.

Edited by Navillos, 09 June 2007 - 06:55 PM.

#5 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

The disc is just a crappy burn and your old drive read better than the new one. It has nothing to do with the new firmware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users