• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chasehbrammer

chasehbrammer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 07:41 AM

I dont know really where else I could post this but I am just curious to see what I can do with this. There is a freaking OC48 line running over my backyard at the moment. Is there anyway I can "tap" this line? I am not going to be running servers out of my office or anything, I just want to freaking best ping in the world for xboxconnect biggrin.gif And if I do tap, how trackable is it? Technically, the line is in the wrong place, and I own the area it is in, so... kind of iffy, but I think legally, I can do it...

#2 chasehbrammer

chasehbrammer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 08:51 PM

BUMP,

Ok, I guess no one has any idea what to do.

#3 Loud

Loud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 June 2003 - 10:53 PM

If its on your property then call the company and tell them you want free service, otherwise they have to move thier line. I don't think you can just cut into the fiber.

#4 Mage

Mage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 June 2003 - 02:07 AM

You're not going to tap in to a SONET...

The second you cut the fiber, they'll be alerted. Hell some change the packet color when that happens. Not to mention I doubt you have the hardware, or money to do such things.

#5 spuddy

spuddy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 09:35 AM

If you know how to splice fiber, have an oc48 bay with an oc12 card in it, know how to map a ds3 out of the oc12 to a ds3 mapper card, have the pig tail to take the newly converted electric data to your shiny new ds3 router, know how to map the ds1's to your ethernet ports, have a ds1 access point and, WELL YOU GET THE PICTURE.............

#6 spuddy

spuddy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 09:37 AM

By the way, never mind. OC48s always have route diversity. As soon as you start to splice, the signal will switch to another route.

#7 rms2001

rms2001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:Free DirecTV, playing with my XBox, and playing Half-Life and its mods.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 June 2003 - 12:30 PM

user posted image

<evil grin>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users