13 replies to this topic

#1 Buttza

Buttza

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 10:14 AM

Hey guys,

I decided to write a patch for the PAL and NTSC version of Enter the Matrix which renames the necessary files and patches the exe regardless whether its NTSC or PAL.

This should make backing up ETM a lot easier and stop a lot of confusion amongst newbs on this forum. Also it's legal because it's not a hacked default.xbe smile.gif

Instructions are in the .nfo.

Any comments would be appreciated. Also I have only tested this on the PAL version, if someone could confirm it works for NTSC then that'd be great.

Enjoy...

You can get the file here: http://www.xbox-save...ion=file&id=758

Edited by Buttza, 01 June 2003 - 11:31 AM.

#2 slugmaster0

slugmaster0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 03:35 AM

I for the love of me cant back up etm if my life depended on it. I have tried all the tutorials and anything else i can find. I have the latest evo x, but I'm not sure of my bios. I had it premoded around christmas time. I followed your instructions but once the xbox boots up it goes into evo x and when I launch dvd it goes right back to evo x. I know that I have to patch for media since I don't have the latest bios. So after I ran your patch I used ADR with the latest updates. Now the game boots to a blank screen. Oh yeah I forgot to mention I have the NTSC version of etm. Any help would be great.

#3 Buttza

Buttza

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 05:36 AM

First make sure IGR is off in evox. Then if it still doesnt work follow the steps below and make sure you haven't missed any.

1. Use the latest bios: 4976.02 (you wont have to patch your exe's anymore, it may also solve the blank screen problem)
2. FTP the entire CD to your HDD using evox and an FTP client like FlashFXP.
3. Use the patch to rename the long filenames and patch the default.xbe.
4. Transfer it back to your xbox and add an entry into the evox.ini. While your at it, disable IGR for all the three entries in the ini.
5. Play the game. It should work fine. If not try the ProjectX and ProjectX fix files and see if that works as I am yet to test it on the NTSC version, maybe I forgot something. But there shouldn't be anything difference AFAIK.

Finally if all else fails try downgrading evox to 3285 and disabling the x2 IGR. Another reason may be your DVD is scratched, resulting in corrupt files when you transfer via FTP. Cleaning the CD and reripping should fix that problem.

There, I think thats enough things for you to try. Good luck. smile.gif

#4 Rabid Wolverine

Rabid Wolverine

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:22 AM

Firstly thanks for taking the time and effort in making this patch for us poor pal users..

Im soon gonna backup my copy to my hdd. Just have a few ?'s.

Once ftp'd from the dvd drive to the pc, we run the patch.

Do any other patches need to be applied to the game after that, as well as switching the ntsc mode with the enigmah selector (which I dont wanna use), or does that once patch you made do it all.

Got a Version 1.0 xbox with a pal copy of etm.

ta.. beerchug.gif

#5 Buttza

Buttza

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 12:27 PM

There is no need to switch to NTSC if you are using a PAL version of ETM. The patch patches YOUR PAL default.xbe, so that you dont have to use a hacked NTSC default.xbe.

This'll be the only patch you'll need. Thanks for saying thanks, enjoy smile.gif

#6 Lerxst

Lerxst

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:UNIX
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2003 - 01:07 PM

Any comments would be appreciated. Also I have only tested this on the PAL version, if someone could confirm it works for NTSC then that'd be great

Thanks Buttza!.

So far so good on the NTSC version. I need to play the game more to give a reliable test result for NTSC, but no problems so far.
Is there any specific test to run besides playing the game that would make for a quicker confirmation?

~Lerxst

#7 Xeriak

Xeriak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 June 2003 - 08:55 PM

Hmm, well I'm gonna try this patch today..... see how it goes. Has anyone else here used the patch and beaten alot of the game or gotten past the sequences that used to require the longfilenames files??

#8 XBLamer

XBLamer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 07:38 PM

Do you have to ftp the whole DVD accross to use the patch prog

Can I use HDDloader (1.1 cause it don't fail copy on long file names) and move all the files but the long ones. I don/t have the space FTP 4 Gig of data accross just to modify the files.

And is there a list of the long files / location Lots of fun searching through the DVD subs with an FTP client counting charicters in files NOT

Here is what I have

A laptop with a CD drive and 1 gig free

An XBOX with a 120Gig drive

An FTP connection with the XBOX

modded xbox

an original enter the matrix DVD

Edited by XBLamer, 13 September 2003 - 07:58 PM.

#9 billsta

billsta

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 10:00 AM

ok mate. thanks for the patch but....

I got a blank black screen. I then took of IGR and I get disk cannot be recognised or something? what do I have to do? I have X2 4977. Is there a way of making it run without upgrading the bios? Or, if I do upgrade the bios, what is the latest one out? thanks.

EDIT: I had to make my xbox run PAL. Because slayers is american i needed to change it to pal. This also created visual display problems. The screen went blury and it turned black and white. I'm guessing Australia and America have different frequencies on their TV's??

Edited by billsta, 07 October 2003 - 01:14 PM.

#10 MrMajst3r

MrMajst3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Could anyone re-upload this patch?

#11 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

This topic is very old. I would think by now this patch would have been integrated into DVDTOXBOX. Try using the last version made (either 7.7 or 7.6. One of the 2 was the last version made) to back up this game and it should patch it automatically.

#12 MrMajst3r

MrMajst3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Yep, it works. After I change region to PAL game starts.

#13 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

0.78 was the last version of DVD2Xbox. smile.gif

#14 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

0.78, Yea that's it. biggrin.gif Thanks Heimdall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users