nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:34 AM

ZsnexBox 3.3

What's new:

-Fixed crashes related to running out of RAM in HD modes. You should be able to use any skin in 720p or 1080i and have no crashes ever. If you are an HD user that has been waiting to upgrade, then now is the time.

-Several (too many to list) HD GUI fixes. If you are an HD user, you will be pleased at the new tweaks.

-Added 720p and 1080i versions of all the skins. If you are going to run in 720p or 1080i, don't try to configure everything yourself (it takes FAR too long). Change to a 720p or 1080i skin and this will setup the GUI for you. This method will only require minor tweaks for your TV.

-The HD setting is now applied from the skin ini file.

-Removed a lot of dead code.

-Removed the TV calibration option since I assume it's not really being used by anyone. This frees up more RAM.

-The database files are loaded/unloaded on the fly to free more RAM

-Fixed the virtual keyboard to display correctly in 720p and 1080i.

-Added larger font sizes for the game guide and GUI (the game guide was too small to read in 720p and 1080i. This is fixed)

-Loading game guides 1MB and up should work now in HD resolutions (but don't go too crazy with the file sizes).

Notes:
There are a few RAM related issues I need to fix, but I wanted to get this version out. 3.0 and up were unusable in HD resolutions. Now that's fixed.

Install:

Extract and copy all files and folders to your Xbox hard drive. Run "default.xbe" to start. Delete your old ZsnexBox.ini and Path.ini files if upgrading.

#2 ramzeva

ramzeva

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:42 AM

Hm no issues with HD resolutions here pre-3.3, TV calibration will be missed sad.gif I used it to make widescreen into fullscreen, no squishy fat characters

#3 Tiptup300

Tiptup300

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:44 AM

No Video Calibration! Ahh, may have to stick with the old releases. dry.gif
Nothing really usefull for non-HD users here.

#4 DMAddict

DMAddict

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:48 AM

Props man. ZsnexBox gets my vote for the best emu on the xbox. pop.gif

#5 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:11 AM

Awesome, bro!

Looking forward to installing this on my system as soon as i get back in town.

Sorry for not getting back with you sooner, nes, on the HD res comment i made in the previous thread, but it seems that with an HDTV of your own you have solved all the HD problems.

THanks again...

#6 Andrew_Roy

Andrew_Roy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:19 AM

I think you guys might be a little confused on what Video Calibration was.

#7 Seina

Seina

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:23 AM

Getting an HDTV in 2007 is like getting a VCR in 1981. There should be the option of video calibration to get rid of overscan. Every emulator and dash has it.

#8 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(Seina @ Jun 11 2007, 01:59 AM) View Post

Getting an HDTV in 2007 is like getting a VCR in 1981. There should be the option of video calibration to get rid of overscan. Every emulator and dash has it.

There is a size calibration. What i believe nes is referring to is the color calibration. And i agree that it was pretty much useless.

#9 georaldc

georaldc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:40 AM

I love you NES! I haven't tried this new version yet but still I live you lol! Off to download.....

The calibration thingy that was removed I believe is the one which helps you adjust you're TV's sharpness, color, etc and not the screen size calibration option, it would be pointless to have that removed. It was broken in one version (3.0 I think), then got fixed and now its being removed altogether, which isn't really a problem since as NES said, I don't think it was really being used (well, I didn't really use it myself). TNX again NES!

#10 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

The TV calibration that was removed is the color bar screen where you can adjust the contrast, brightness, and color bleeding. This can be done within most tv's anyway. It has nothing to do with resizing the display. I'd be surprised if even 3 people ever actually used it to do anything (which is why I got rid of it).

#11 DaddyLongLegs

DaddyLongLegs

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

Out of curiosity is there a way to ever output to 1080p? I know the XBox doesn't exactly support it but since SNES emulators don't take up much CPU, is that something that technically can even happen?

Thanks again NES, you're the best.

#12 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

Xbox's video hardware cant do it, even if it is powerful enough.

#13 Trigger911

Trigger911

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:01 PM

OMG i think i soiled myself but this sounds alsome i checked out the game guide thing you added every time i tried to use it would lock up my xbox but its still a good i idea i hope it works for me in this version. btw keep up the great work.

l8z
Triggz Out

#14 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:44 PM

Just installed 3.3 and am sure it will be wonderful on my HD plasma... but alas I can't try it until I get back to my apartment in a couple of months... But anyways Thanks for the new version.

Out of curiosity... this has been something I've been wondering for a while... In video settings, what exactly does the "Old graphics Mode 2" do? I'm guessing something along the lines of making things look more accurate compared to the original system look.... If this is the case, If I were to have this setting "ON" should I have everything else (filters etc.) disabled? Also is there a link somewhere to maybe a brief description for the available filters? Thats not really important, I was just wondering though, most of the time when I play with those settings i hardly notice any difference at all... I usually stick with the default Bilinear Superscale2x settings but recently switched to Trilinear... haha probably for no better reason than the fact that "Tri" sounds better than "Bi" (3 being more than 2 and all).

sorry if u interpret this as spam...

#15 Harlock_Gbase

Harlock_Gbase

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

Hi Snes, happy that you are still working on this beauty. I have a big problem with the latest release though. My games don't start anymore. Not one of them. I have made a fresh install of the emulator and have also deleted the savegame to make sure everything is alright.

Do you have an idea what this could be?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users