• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FILTHY J NASTY

FILTHY J NASTY

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Interests:Quads and cars! I used to love modding 360s, but when I got my new falcon I stopped =/ .
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:15 AM

Hi i have one quick question, if i were to do a x-clamp window how does it work?

Like honestly,

What happens with the 8 little black screws? that are attached to the metal cage? Since your cutting the metal cage theres no place for the screws.So do you drill holes through the plexi for the screws?

Or do you just install the screws right to the x-clamps, (just not through the metal caging)

#2 Gokussj5okazu

Gokussj5okazu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:07 AM

I've seen a few of them done on here and it just looks like the clamp screws go into the clamp, not through the plexiglass or anything.

Btw, still interested in those LEDs? ;D

Edited by Gokussj5okazu, 12 June 2007 - 02:09 AM.

#3 elitemodder38235

elitemodder38235

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:08 AM

the screws are not needed. If anything the screws just add to warping of the board. I would suggest replacing the xclamps anyway. Then there is no reason to worry about the screws at anyway.

#4 snow rider221

snow rider221

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE(elitemodder38235 @ Jun 12 2007, 02:44 AM) View Post

the screws are not needed. If anything the screws just add to warping of the board. I would suggest replacing the xclamps anyway. Then there is no reason to worry about the screws at anyway.

Yeah I replaced the X Clamps on both of my consoled last weekend. One of them was getting 3 Red lights, the other i did just to be safe. It's a great investment in my opinion.

The thing is though, an x clamp window FILTHY J NASTY is talking about would just not look the same without the x clamps tongue.gif

And yeah, those black screws aren't needed even if you keep the clamps.

#5 elitemodder38235

elitemodder38235

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:20 AM

well he could do the x clamp replacement, but keep the x's there. unbend the ends and drill holes for the screws to fit throught the holes and then you still get the same look. You would just have to get some longer screws prolly.

#6 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:I like breaking shit!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:26 PM

just cut out the indentions for the x-clamps and leave the screw holes. do it different than the others on here, they just cut a big rectangle. so basically just be different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users