PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

Sony threatens to pursue legal action against PS3 hackers
Posted by XanTium | 12-6-2007 16:58 EST

From gamesindustry.biz:

Following reports that hackers have cracked PlayStation 3's anti-piracy software, SCEA has declared that it will "aggressively pursue" anyone caught engaging in such activity with legal action.

"Unfortunately, hackers will try to exploit any hardware system software," SCEA spokesperson Dave Karraker told GamesIndustry.biz.

"The best we can do as a company is to make our security that much stronger and aggressively pursue legal action against anyone caught trying to use an exploit in an illegal manner."

Full Story: gamesindustry.biz

#2 SnackyCakes

SnackyCakes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:40 PM

Easy there Sony. Your customer base for the PS3 is lite enough as it is.

#3 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

Why do companies release statements like this, the shit is goint to get hacked to bits eventually just get over it.

#4 Hells Tyrant

Hells Tyrant

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:40 AM

Huh, sony is spending too much time on security issues, and not enough time lowering the price, or giving consumers a reason to buy. Funny how my origional xbox is still my most used console, and my PS3 which I got as a gift, is collecting dust.

#5 dezza9995

dezza9995

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

Dont worry Mr Sony, you have the best copy protection in existance for any console system. Shit games!

#6 death trap

death trap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:01 AM

I guess Sony feel threatened by the hackers. There's prolly a big security hole that cant be plugged, they know the hackers are about to discover it and their having a panic attack.

Its a pointless statement anyway, If the hackers are outside the US or European union Sony wont be able to do fuck all about it. Plus any hacker worth their salt should know how to hide their identity pretty well.

#7 echto

echto

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(Hells Tyrant @ Jun 12 2007, 11:16 PM) View Post

Huh, sony is spending too much time on security issues, and not enough time lowering the price, or giving consumers a reason to buy. Funny how my origional xbox is still my most used console, and my PS3 which I got as a gift, is collecting dust.

I thought I was the only one. Mine has been moved to the floor on the right side of the t.v. to collect dust. jester.gif

#8 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(dezza9995 @ Jun 13 2007, 04:56 AM) View Post

Dont worry Mr Sony, you have the best copy protection in existance for any console system. Shit games!

is that like the console equivalent of a "butter face" laugh.gif

#9 bluie

bluie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ Jun 12 2007, 11:46 PM) View Post

Why do companies release statements like this, the shit is goint to get hacked to bits eventually just get over it.

My guess is that they do it because the game-developers demand it. The statement is obviously not for your benefit, but for someone elses.

#10 CMN

CMN

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:15 AM

Like said before, it's going to get hacked anyway. Took jack amount of time for the 360, why not the PS3? rolleyes.gif

#11 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(bluie @ Jun 14 2007, 06:15 AM) View Post

My guess is that they do it because the game-developers demand it. The statement is obviously not for your benefit, but for someone elses.

yeah but when will they learn that hackers work most diligently when challenged biggrin.gif

Company: "our console is unhackable, and we'll kill your mother if you do manage to hack it"

Every hacker in the world: "sounds like a challenge, I need to prove I'm 1337, I'm going to neglect every other aspect of my life so I can work on this full time."

Edited by twistedsymphony, 14 June 2007 - 01:48 PM.

#12 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(CMN @ Jun 14 2007, 06:51 AM) View Post

Like said before, it's going to get hacked anyway. Took jack amount of time for the 360, why not the PS3? rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't say the 360 or the Wii are hacked. They both can be tweaked to allow backups to be played but the system itself is not hacked. None of the 3 are.

Xbox1 was hacked. We had access to the system and could run unsigned code at will.

#13 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jun 14 2007, 06:23 AM) View Post

yeah but when will they learn that hackers work most diligently when challenged biggrin.gif

Company: "our console is unhackable, and we'll kill your mother if you do manage to hack it"

Every hacker in the world: "sounds like a challenge, I need to prove I'm 1337, I'm going to neglect every other aspect of my life so I can work on this full time."

Bwwaaa HHAAAAAAAAA hHa, that made me laugh and it is also very true.

#14 Keshire

Keshire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Location:The Shire Mountain on the small island of Pokaponesia
  • Interests:Logic, Reasoning, and Psychology.<br />Programming, Graphic design, and The strange and True.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jun 14 2007, 08:54 AM) View Post

I wouldn't say the 360 or the Wii are hacked. They both can be tweaked to allow backups to be played but the system itself is not hacked. None of the 3 are.

Xbox1 was hacked. We had access to the system and could run unsigned code at will.

Technically the X360 is hacked as long as your running a specific firmware. Much like the psp jpeg(??) hack. This one went through shaders.

#15 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(Keshire @ Jun 25 2007, 08:24 AM) View Post

Technically the X360 is hacked as long as your running a specific firmware. Much like the psp jpeg(??) hack. This one went through shaders.

no, the dvd-rom is hacked, the console itself is locked down tighter than a nuns cu... you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users