#1 deathwilldie

deathwilldie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:46 AM

I have 2 xboxes that have 2 different problems.

The first xbox the HD is unlocked and I need to lock it some how and I don't know how to do it at all. I am not able to Hot Swap it at all because my computer is way far more important than my xbox. Is there any other way to get it fixed?

For my other xbox its stuck on the screen that says its trying to get an online update even though I have gotten it already but it still says it. I am not able to do any thing else on that screen because if I press ok it just goes right back to trying to get the update and it does that over and over again because I am not able to get the update for some reason. I have connected it to the internet to see if it would update then but it wouldn't. So if any one knows how to get past this please tell me how because I would love to know how.

#2 Illumi.Naughty

Illumi.Naughty

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:Modding of course, computers, NORML, Juggaloism
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:04 AM

The first xbox I assume is softmodded because if it isn't then an unlocked HDD would prove to be no problem.
For the free way you need...
- A copy of the eeprom (which should have been backed-up and stored in a safe place when you modded)
- XboxHDM
- Blank media to burn xboxhdm to.
- Access to a PC
And some searching on google to figure out how to use xboxhdm in case you run into problems.

You could just skip that and chip it or make/buy an eeprom reader. Both of those solutions cost $$.

BTW- The art of hotswapping is to recover LOCKED HDD's, If a HDD is already unlocked then there is no need to hotswap.

Edited by Illumi.Naughty, 13 June 2007 - 06:17 AM.

#3 Illumi.Naughty

Illumi.Naughty

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:Modding of course, computers, NORML, Juggaloism

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:37 PM

Forgot about the 2nd xbox. At the time I replied to this topic I was in much pain, you'd think 10 min. after breaking your nose you would be doing anything BUT messing around on XS forums tongue.gif .
For the second xbox try popping in your 007/SC/MA game to load the exploit and restore the C drive. Grab a newer gamesave hack like Krayzie Ndure and remod.

#4 deathwilldie

deathwilldie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:46 AM

I will try what you said for the first one.

But for the second one I have tried that and none of the games will load because it will just bring me to the screen that says I need to get an update.

#5 deathwilldie

deathwilldie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

Sorry for the double post but I have heard of a program called Frosty's XBOX Rescue Disc v1.0. I have looked and looked for it but I can't seem to find it. I even went to the xbins thing to get it from there but they didn't have it. Does any one know were to get it?

I have also heard of just making a rescue disk by getting the main files for xbox like these:
Audio
fonts
xboxdash.xbe
xboxdashdata.1012a700
xodash

found in this tutorial: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=203561 But the problem is that i can't find those files any were to put on a disk. If someone could just give me those files to put onto disk then I would be happy and I would try to get my xbox to work.

#6 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:35 PM

Hi,

get the Slayers rescue disk. You can find a Torrent on Xbins. With that torrent, you can download the package. The package contains the iso you should burn on a cd rw. Extract the files from that Iso. I use the Qbix program for it. The Iso contains all the files needed on the C and E drive to make a M$dash operational on your harddisk.

regards.

#7 deathwilldie

deathwilldie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:54 PM

I have looked on Xbins for it and I haven't seen any thing for the Slayers disk. But I will look again.

#8 jessevanneste

jessevanneste

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, mounatin biking.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:02 AM

obcd, please don't refer to the usual places by their name, and don't reference t******

#9 bettyjunior

bettyjunior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Music, Bass guitar

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(jessevanneste @ Jun 15 2007, 10:38 AM) View Post

obcd, please don't refer to the usual places by their name, and don't reference t******

I understand not referencing that particular file type, but why can the usual places not be referenced by name?

If you go here: Guide to using Xbins, there is a webpage that is in fact a guide from XS that has the word Xbins all through it. It even teaches you how to use it?

Deathwilldie:
It's there, keep looking.
I suggest Apps. I also suggest Auto Installers

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't a game like Halo 2 (with dashupdate) help you to get past this error? It's not something I've encountered before, so I may be way off.

#10 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hi,

I won't reference the two anymore.

regards.

#11 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(jessevanneste @ Jun 15 2007, 01:38 AM) View Post

Don't play Mini Mod.
FYI the guy is not getting in trouble for saying Xbins or Saying the word Torrent. he was not discussing Torrents in the sense that would get him any sort of warning here. he simply mentioned the word.
obcd ignore jessevanneste
jessevanneste go troll elsewhere before I decide to add a 4th strike to your holier than thou warn log.

#12 pareando

pareando

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:43 PM

For box 1 with the unlocked hard drive, use frosty's Rescue disc. It is located in the usual place, just gotta dig through the folder or search the forum because the location has been mentioned before (/XBOX/Console Based Applications/apps/utilities/) . this will let you lock the drive to the console.

as for console #2, I would probably extract the c and e drives from slayers and use Frosty's rescue disk to ftp into the box and delete the c and e you have on there now and ftp in the stock c and e from slayers.

I wonder if we can get frosty to put a re-stock the drive option into his rescue disk? wink.gif

Mad Props to Frosty for the best damn boot disk out there for repairing hosed consoles.

and shame on the newb that may jack his stuff up by not reading up on the subject of using it and hosing his box!

Edited by pareando, 15 June 2007 - 12:46 PM.

#13 deathwilldie

deathwilldie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:28 PM

I have tried Frosties Rescue Disk on both xboxes but it didn't do anything at all. The disk wouldn't even load for me. Also I have tried to put in Halo 2 to update the xbox Dashboard but it wont load disks for some reason it just stays on that screen. I have found the Slayers Disk but I will have to wait a while to put it on disk because my DVD drive broke unless if your able to put it on a CD-RW. Do you know if we can do that and if it will still work?

#14 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:53 AM

If neither of those boxes are hardmodded, a boot disc, (slayers, frosty, aid, xdisc) will not work. For your box number 2, try coldbooting the box with halo2. (put h2 in the drive and turn it off, then turn it back on with the disc in the drive)

#15 deathwilldie

deathwilldie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:10 AM

Well I have tried to cold boot Halo 2 but it still didn't work it just keeps bringing me to the thing that says my xbox need an online update thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users