4 replies to this topic

#1 beardyone

beardyone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:21 PM

Hi all,

After messing with my 360 settings trying to achieve the best resolution using VGA on my LCD TV I managed to reset my box to default settings, meaning it was reverted back to PAL-50.

My girlfriend almost killed me because she couldn't play AstroPop! But you can't change your PAL settings if you have the VGA cable connected as we all know.

Sooooo. After taking my LCD off its wall mount, connecting the standard AV cable to the box, switching it to TV, connecting the video lead to my TV input, changing the box back to PAL-60, re mounting my TV on the wall, swapping back to the VGA lead on the box and finally being able to save my neck I figured I'd jot down the key press sequence needed to change to PAL-60 if you can't see the menu on your TV/Monitor.

If I help even one person who had the same unique problem as me then I'll be happy. I had a good ten minute google search and couldn't find it anywhere else so here it is.

Just dig out the supplied AV cable and stick it in the back of the box, switch it to TV then...

-Turn on box.
-Press Right x4
-Press A
-Press A
-Press Down
-Press Down
-Press A
-Press Up
-Press A
-Press Up
-Press A

Voila, back to PAL-60 and no need to crawl round the back of your telly to reach your Scart or Video inputs. Cheerio

Edited by beardyone, 13 June 2007 - 10:25 PM.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:09 PM

nice tip smile.gif

and welcome to Xbox-Scene...

I'll be adding a link to this thread in the sticky beerchug.gif

#3 beardyone

beardyone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:56 PM

Awesome, cheers mate. My first ever post made it onto a sticky, I'm sure that's worth some bragging rights down at the next WoW LAN meet (well it would if I owned or played WoW) biggrin.gif

Xbox-Scene saved my sanity in the past when I was trying to get my Xbox1 to launch XBMC as the default dash. I'm glad I finally got off my arse and registered, thanks for the welcome.

#4 V0ID

V0ID

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

Beardyone this is a massive help, I was just about to drag my 360 into the next room to hook it up to the TV when twisted pointed me in this direction. Saves me big hassle - thanks!

#5 -Cyan-

-Cyan-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

I love you!

Here's my deal. I don't even own a TV. I bought the xbox 360 and VGA cables for use with my computer monitor/KVM switch. So I was quite annoyed that I couldn't play some games because it used PAL-50/VGA and since I didn't have a TV I couldn't change it to 60.. I thought I would have to bring it over to a friend or something coumbersome like that to fix it. And only to have it revert the next update or something.

I did this and now it works perfectly! Thank you again. Bookmarked and saved smile.gif

jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users