3 replies to this topic

#1 Modify_inc

Modify_inc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:32 AM

I've got a PAL Xbox that needs it's power supply to be converted to US (110v). What are my options? Can I just change out the power supply, or is there a inverter or something I can plug in that will convert it without opeing the Xbox. If I do swap out the PSU, are the PAL versions the same as the US version as far as v1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc, because I know there are different PSU for different version Xbox's.

Thanks

#2 xboxnewbyy

xboxnewbyy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:46 AM

have you looked on ebay? or contact microsoft to see if you can purchase psu from them.

#3 Modify_inc

Modify_inc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE(xboxnewbyy @ Jun 15 2007, 01:22 AM) View Post

have you looked on ebay? or contact microsoft to see if you can purchase psu from them.

I don't know what exactly to look for. Can I use a PSU from a US Xbox along as it's the same version?

If not the PSU route, what about a converter that I can just plug in the wall that will convert it like I guess a step up converter?

#4 bettyjunior

bettyjunior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Music, Bass guitar
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:48 AM

You could use a PSU from a US xbox - you are right, there are different PSU's for different versions. I think there is one for 1.0 and 1.1, 1 for 1.2 - 1.5, and one for 1.6 and 1.6b. I may be slightly off on how the PSU's match up with the different xbox versions, but there's plenty of info on these forums that you could find with the search function.

I have converted a US xbox to a PAL one with a universal power supply from Divineo. I've heard good and bad things about them, but so far I've had no problems with mine - it's been going for 2 and a half months now.

You could also get a transformer (inverter) I guess, but that's extra bulk outside your console. For me it would be annoying.

You also may need to run the enigmah video mode switch (if your xbox is modded) to convert it's video output from PAL to NTSC format. You shouldn't have to do this if your TV can accept a PAL signal though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users