Tushuva

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:XBOX Modding, XBOX Live, XBOX-Scene
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:24 AM

I have run into a site that tells you how to install mac os x version 10.2.3 on an xbox. But it only has pics for about half of the tutorial, if anyone knows one with step by step pics, please tell me.

The site is http://www.cc.gatech...ac_install.html

Edited by Tushuva, 17 June 2007 - 07:25 AM.

#2 scubasjl

scubasjl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:17 PM

well i just came across this website and your post, and im gonna try it out and if its successful ill do a more indepth install and i don think a higher version of mac os x will be possible cause of the switch from powerpc to intel stuff, cause i no pearpc runs very slow on a pc today but if u use vmware its pretty decent and u can even dual boot xp and mac, even if u dont have a apple pc

#3 mysticrider92

mysticrider92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

What do you need pictures for? That site gives download links for everything, and the rest is fairly basic. Just get the pre-compiled pearpc, and it shouldn't be too hard. I did notice (after some searching) that many people are saying that this could be fake, but it would be cool to try just because.

Also, I wonder if that guy was using a swap file in his Xebian or an Xbox with 128mb of ram?

#4 torne

torne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Reverse engineering, Linux, crazy operating systems voodoo, embedded development
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

I would assume he's swapping to disk. The amount of ram required to run OS X under PearPC is pretty, erm, high. This in turn will make performance dire.

There's no reason to think it's fake. PearPC is known to run OS X perfectly well on a sufficiently powerful PC. It might be unbearably slow on the xbox, but there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work.

#5 mrtj18

mrtj18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:49 PM

this looks like somthing i would love to put on my box! But i would need better instructions on the install. (im a noob)Plus i dont have an image of mac osx laying anywhere around. So i would have to keep my eyes on this thred and see if anything happens with it.

#6 calypsoxXxcreation

calypsoxXxcreation

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:29 AM

ok.... jus gotta point this out..... we mod our xbox so they wont be restricted by the M$ BS
and now u wanna run into the completely BS world of mac? oh lord help us now lolz

#7 torne

torne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Reverse engineering, Linux, crazy operating systems voodoo, embedded development

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE(calypsoxXxcreation @ Jul 25 2007, 11:05 AM) View Post

ok.... jus gotta point this out..... we mod our xbox so they wont be restricted by the M$ BS
and now u wanna run into the completely BS world of mac? oh lord help us now lolz

The fact that this is your first and only post fills me with sadness about the wasted potential of the human race.

You know, some people just find it cool to get random stuff to run on random hardware. Nobody is going to go through all this emulation hassle to actually try and use OS X as a real machine on their xbox. It's *just for fun and to look cool* smile.gif

#8 mysticrider92

mysticrider92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(torne @ Jul 26 2007, 06:52 AM) View Post

The fact that this is your first and only post fills me with sadness about the wasted potential of the human race.

You know, some people just find it cool to get random stuff to run on random hardware. Nobody is going to go through all this emulation hassle to actually try and use OS X as a real machine on their xbox. It's *just for fun and to look cool* smile.gif

Yeah, I think the "because we can" is the only reason for trying this. But wouldn't it be cool to have a $100-$150 Mac with TV-out capability, that will also run Linux and some rather nice games?

I think I might try it if I can find an cheap copy of OSX (legally, I am not torrenting this), it would be pretty cool (time to go search ebay smile.gif ).

Edited by mysticrider92, 27 July 2007 - 04:59 PM.

#9 Evox117

Evox117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Hacking xbox's.......PC's....And skateboarding....And Fire....Im a HUGE pyro.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:15 AM

Ive had that site for a while in my favorites...But here soon im gonna do a nice little over haul on my xbox...Ive saved up some money and im gonna get a new Case with the X3 Config Panel...an X3 Chip and solder it in. Then im gonna install an 80 gig HDD that I got from a friend. Then Im gonna install Linux and then try this out...But what kills me is that it requires an 8-10 hour install time. And thats the bad part..lol because i dont think I can be that patient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users