gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

ok well this might be a quicky i hear u cant install a bigger hd with krazies ndure ok now i was thinking of going back to krazies UXE auto installer i belive its called so can i use that one to upgrade my hd or is that also not gonna help me install a bigger hd thanx if someone has the answer smile.gif

EDIT:oo and if so can i install a bigger hd from UXE then from there upgrade to ndure if i want. corrct me if im wrong thanx again

Edited by gsharpshooter, 18 June 2007 - 05:17 PM.

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(gsharpshooter @ Jun 18 2007, 05:51 PM) View Post

i hear u cant install a bigger hd with krazies ndure

Whoever told you that is a moron. The softmod installed on you xbox is completely irrelevant when you upgrade your HDD. Since the softmod is completely stored on the HDD, when you change it, there is no trace of it.

What you should do:

FTP your EEProm backup and the MS Dash backup created when you installed NDure onto your PC.

Learn how to use Xbox HDM and create the Xbox HDM disc image using the MS Dash files for your C Drive (Put them in XboxHDMFolder\Linux\C\). Then extract the UDATA.zip file (the NDure save). This should give you a folder called "udata," inside this folder is another folder called "UDATA." Place this in XboxHDMFolder\Linux\E\.

Build the new HDD with XboxHDM and lock it using your EEProm. Place the HDD in your xbox and the MS Dash should boot. Insert your exploitable game, then install the softmod. Have fun.

#3 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

sorry well u can they said but they said ether uninstall the softmod or give some type of weird commands with i belive linux which made no sense to me giving me the option of uninstalling the softmod off

Edited by gsharpshooter, 18 June 2007 - 06:00 PM.

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:01 PM

Hi,

the softmod of a softmodded xbox resides on the harddisk. So, if you wan't a bigger one, you will have to prepare it before you can put it in your xbox. xboxhdm is a pc tool that allows to do this. It is a cd bootable linux distro that can partition the disk and format it in the xbox fatx way.

If you have a softmodded xbox, this should be the procedure to follow:

Backup your xbox eeprom. You can do this with the xbox evox dashboard.

FTP your C and your E drive contents over to your pc.

copy them to the C and E locations of the xboxhdm linux folder before you create the iso.

burn the iso on a cd. Connect your fresh harddisk to the master ide controller of your pc and boot from cd.

Follow the xboxhdm instructions to prepare the disk.

Don't forget to lock the disk before you put it in your xbox.

Before you backup your eeprom and you transfer your C and E drive, make sure you don't have the virtual eeprom and shadowc drive enabled. You can disable this features by creating some dummy files, either in the root of your e drive or in the NKP11 folder. This depends upon which softmod you have used.

The files are usually eeprom_OFF.bin and ShadowC_OFF.bin. A simple textfile a couple of bytes long should do the trick.

You need a modchip and something like the slayers rescue disk if you wan't to install a bigger harddisk in a xbox without the help of a computer.

regards.

#5 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:17 PM

obcd's method will work too, but adds the confusion of disabling ShadowC to get the actual C Drive. If you follow that method, you do not need to re-install the softmod on your new disk.

Whenever Linux is referred to in regards to HD upgrades, it means Xbox HDM, which is based on Linux.

#6 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

ok thanx ive also read up on having a hd bigger then 137 u need the latest evox or i guess what dahsboard ur using i believe

#7 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:59 PM

hey dead parrot i wanna use ur method with ur first post so basically ur telling me ftp into ndure get my eeprom key and softmod save (udata) and MS Dash Backup and thats all i need cuz i thoguht i also needed my c and e folders when im reading xboxhdm right now

Edit: These mthods r kinda confusing me a bit to and im not rele confortable with them is there a softmod installer that i can use to just transfer c and e folders my eeprom then right of to xboxhdm thats all i wanna do but it seems ndure might be more hassle uhh.gif

Edited by gsharpshooter, 18 June 2007 - 09:14 PM.

#8 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:28 AM

Actually, to save you some hassle, you can simply transfer your C drive, but when using NDure, you will only get the original MS Dash, which means you still need to re-softmod.

So you just need to transfer your C drive and insert your EEProm backup as described in the XboxHDM tutorial. Then you can put your save in as well so you don't have to transfer it by AR later.

#9 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

ok thanx umm another little thing ok i open xboxhdm i see linux it shows the c folder which is the c drive ok so that good and i no i need my eeprom.bin but since im not copying E folder from my xbox only the ms dash 2 things with that where do i put the ms dash into the xboxhdm and where do i get the ms dash from my xbox while ftping ... sorry for the trouble

Edited by gsharpshooter, 19 June 2007 - 12:30 PM.

#10 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

To get the MS Dash, you copy the contents of the C drive from your xbox into the \linux\C\ folder in Xbox HDM.

Then copy your EEProm.bin (EEProm backup, found in \E\Backups\ on your Xbox) into the \linux\eeprom\ folder in Xbox HDM.

#11 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

ok gotya makes perfect sense now ok thank u so much deadparrot this seems alot better and less hassle now ...much thanx

Edited by gsharpshooter, 19 June 2007 - 01:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users