olii1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

Currently have my 360 connected to my PC with the included ethernet cable and the 360 is connected to the internet via my computers wireless connection. Though when testing my internet connection on the 360, the IP address fails, and gives me this explanation:

"Another device on your network is using the IP address that the DHCP server assigned to your console. Verify the address and remove any conflicts. Your console was unable to negotiate a lease with your DHCP server. Make sure that addresses are available on your server."

What could be wrong? And most importantly: What is the solution?

Edited by olii1, 18 June 2007 - 06:49 PM.

#2 The Prankster

The Prankster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, technology etc.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:54 PM

I had that same problem a while ago with bridging a wireless connection, with a laptop to my xbox 360, and managed to fix it through hours of troubleshooting. You first need to set your xbox 360 up to have a manual IP address, but automatic DNS, also. So you need to give your xbox 360 an IP that's not being used onn your network. I also changed some settings on my network adapter, the main problem is that it's getting the same IP, so once you fix that you probably will either get to xbox live or it'll fail the MTU test. If it fails the MTU test, change the MTU fragment settings in the configure option of the wireless card in device manager --> properties, I think...

#3 olii1

olii1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

Okay, got the IP problem solved, it says the DNS, MTU and ICMP is confirmed, but the Xbox Live part fails. How come this happens when all of the other things are confirmed?

Anybody have any ideas/solutions?

Thanks..

#4 The Prankster

The Prankster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:40 PM

Try enabling and re-enabling both the connections that are used in the bridge. To do that, do the following:

1. Disable all connections in Network Connections from the Start Menu --> Settings, then disable the physical one that's going to the internet, then the one that's going to the xbox 360, then disable the bridge(just disable DON'T DELETE.) Now re-enable both the connections, wait for them to show they're connected and firewalled, then enable the bridge. They should all show they're connected and firewalled now.

That's all while the xbox 360 is on just after you've done the test for xbox live and gotten to fail xbox live test. I'm not positive it'll work, but bridging in XP is still flawed and doesn't work 100% the way it should.

Cheers.

#5 olii1

olii1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:11 PM

Okay, just two things: I haven't got the network bridge anymore, just selected to share my wireless internet connection, otherwise it wouldn't confirm the IP on the 360. And number two: I am running Vista, not XP, not sure if this is any different, just thought you might want to know.

Because of these two things, I don't think your method will work. Or will it, what do you think?

Thanks again for your help biggrin.gif

#6 The Prankster

The Prankster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:26 AM

To my knowledge you can create a network bridge under Windows Vista, you should look into that, I'm not 100% sure if it's possible, or even how it works compared to Windows XP, but give it a shot.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users