QUOTE(mysticrider92 @ Jun 18 2007, 01:36 PM)
Also, depending on the softmod, you shouldn't need to lock it unless you plan on using Xbox Live.
No, a softmod ALWAYS has to have the HDD locked or it DOESN'T boot, EVER, no matter what softmod you have.
QUOTE(tommo120 @ Jun 18 2007, 03:02 PM)
Ok, this really isnt working, ive formatted the hard drive and just had the softmod save and the MS dash and ive started from the beggining, but its still not booting with the hard drive unlocked, I really dont know what to do next!
I guess the only thing left to try is locking the hard drive with an old computer, what programs do i need for that? Also if anyone has any other suggestions your welcome to.. Errr.. Suggest them!
Thanks in advance
You can either use XBOXHDM (PC way) to lock his HDD (since you have his eeprom.bin).
Or you can do it another (more dangerous) way:
***Note, you may need to convert his eeprom before flashing his to your box or you will practically kill your box. Eeprom versions I believe are 1.0-1.1, 1.2-1.5, and 1.6, but I may be wrong, search and find more on that if you plan to do this method. It was something I overlooked and was the closest I ever came to killing any of my xboxes***
1. You need your eeprom.bin.
2. You need his eeprom.bin
3. Create a ConfigMagic disc for each of your xbox's, each with your own eeprom on it.
4. Put his ConfigMagic disc in your xbox and flash his eeprom to your xbox. Once this is done it won't read your HDD anymore (until you flash yours back). Cut the unit off and then hook his HDD up, then cut the unit back on.
5. Now use a program like Slayers to lock his HDD.
6. Shutdown after locking the HDD.
7. Test his HDD back in his xbox. If it boots then good, if not then you didn't flash his eeprom correctly or you didn't lock it.
8. If his boots in his box fine you can then put your ConfigMagic disc in your xbox and flash your eeprom back. Now your HDD should be work again.
Basically when you flash his eeprom to your xbox, your xbox thinks it IS his. When you lock the HDD it is being locked with his unique info (not yours), that's why it works when you put it back into his xbox.
If you use the above method, please be careful and read and research as much as you can before doing it. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, I don't recommend it.
There is always XBOXHDM (PC method).