• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tommo120

tommo120

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

Ok, Heres the situation, I have a Hard modded xbox, My friend has a softmodded xbox.
I am trying to put a new Hard drive in my friends xbox, so far i have baked up all of his current files and i have his lock code, Ive put all the old files on his new hard drive. All i need to do now is get it to lock with his xbox for it to work properly. Ive read tutorial after tutorial about it but they all seem to need to put the hard drive into the PC, which i cant do (dont ask). So what i need to do basicly is lock his NEW HDD with his Xbox via FTP or with a program or somthing, if anyone knows of a way please tell me.

Thanks in advance

Tommo

EDIT: Sorry about the poor spelling, since ive finished my GCSEs ive gone dumb...

Edited by tommo120, 18 June 2007 - 06:50 PM.

#2 mysticrider92

mysticrider92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

As far as I know, there is no way to lock a hard drive without connecting it to a computer and using xboxhdm. If you or your friend has an old computer laying around (P2-P3 age), that will do fine, but otherwise there is no way to lock it.

Also, depending on the softmod, you shouldn't need to lock it unless you plan on using Xbox Live.

#3 tommo120

tommo120

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

I see your point, but it just dosent seem to work at all with the HDD unlocked.
To get the files on the new HDD ive plugged it into my Hardmodded xbox. When i disable the modchip with the HDD unlocked it still dosent work, just comes up with the error.
I think i must be doing somthing wrong...
Im just going to Format the HDD and start again with just the MS dash

#4 tommo120

tommo120

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

Ok, this really isnt working, ive formatted the hard drive and just had the softmod save and the MS dash and ive started from the beggining, but its still not booting with the hard drive unlocked, I really dont know what to do next!
I guess the only thing left to try is locking the hard drive with an old computer, what programs do i need for that? Also if anyone has any other suggestions your welcome to.. Errr.. Suggest them!

Thanks in advance

#5 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(mysticrider92 @ Jun 18 2007, 01:36 PM) View Post

Also, depending on the softmod, you shouldn't need to lock it unless you plan on using Xbox Live.

No, a softmod ALWAYS has to have the HDD locked or it DOESN'T boot, EVER, no matter what softmod you have.

QUOTE(tommo120 @ Jun 18 2007, 03:02 PM) View Post

Ok, this really isnt working, ive formatted the hard drive and just had the softmod save and the MS dash and ive started from the beggining, but its still not booting with the hard drive unlocked, I really dont know what to do next!
I guess the only thing left to try is locking the hard drive with an old computer, what programs do i need for that? Also if anyone has any other suggestions your welcome to.. Errr.. Suggest them!

Thanks in advance

You can either use XBOXHDM (PC way) to lock his HDD (since you have his eeprom.bin).

Or you can do it another (more dangerous) way:
***Note, you may need to convert his eeprom before flashing his to your box or you will practically kill your box. Eeprom versions I believe are 1.0-1.1, 1.2-1.5, and 1.6, but I may be wrong, search and find more on that if you plan to do this method. It was something I overlooked and was the closest I ever came to killing any of my xboxes***
1. You need your eeprom.bin.
2. You need his eeprom.bin
3. Create a ConfigMagic disc for each of your xbox's, each with your own eeprom on it.
4. Put his ConfigMagic disc in your xbox and flash his eeprom to your xbox. Once this is done it won't read your HDD anymore (until you flash yours back). Cut the unit off and then hook his HDD up, then cut the unit back on.
5. Now use a program like Slayers to lock his HDD.
6. Shutdown after locking the HDD.
7. Test his HDD back in his xbox. If it boots then good, if not then you didn't flash his eeprom correctly or you didn't lock it.
8. If his boots in his box fine you can then put your ConfigMagic disc in your xbox and flash your eeprom back. Now your HDD should be work again.

Basically when you flash his eeprom to your xbox, your xbox thinks it IS his. When you lock the HDD it is being locked with his unique info (not yours), that's why it works when you put it back into his xbox.

If you use the above method, please be careful and read and research as much as you can before doing it. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, I don't recommend it.

There is always XBOXHDM (PC method).

#6 tommo120

tommo120

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:11 PM

YES! I DID IT! Thank you, i did the Config Magic way, now my xbox is unbanned, which is totaly pointless since i have a 360, but ohh well smile.gif Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users