Photo

Frag Problem(ive Been Reading In This Post And Have Tried Everything)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 markusOR

markusOR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

I recently got a modded xbox from one of my friends with a xenium ICE chip already installed. I had trouble with it initalizing for the first day or so(he said his brother had dropped the xbox at one time and the chip was loose). After the first day though I got it working for about one solid day then while trying to intitalize it went from red to green as if it was going to intialize and then an error screen came up witch I regretably skipped passed in my frustration. I tried restarting the xbox and got a frag sign which at the time I didnt know what that ment and also the cd drive wouldnt open. Because i got the xbox for free basically I decided to do some research and have looked through quite a few topics on this board and other websites. I opened the xbox up and saw that the chip and the solderless adaptor that fits in to the lpc ports was all loose as well. I have never opened an xbox before or done any work on circut boards before but thought that since I got this for free it cant hurt especially since the xbox was renderd usless the day before. Well I disconected the adaptor and the D0 wire and then reconected them and got a better screw so that it would all fit together tighter. So to the current situation. Everytime i turn the xbox on with the chip in place I get a frag sighn but if i take the chip off the xbox boots normally and i have no problems with it. I tried switching the mod chip to recovery mode and it just brings up a screen that says Xenium with a picture of the chip on it so i figure that by having it come up to that screen that my chip isnt broken but ive never done this before so i have no idea. Now when I tried to download the recovery material from teamoxodus.com it sends me to ozoxodus.com which is nothing but a search engine as far as I can tell and I cant find the information im looking for. If anyone could be of any help to my situation id greatly appreciate it.

#2 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:57 PM

try this for downloads and such for xenium products. since xenium is no longer producing it is an outdated site but it has the newest OS that you might look into upgrading to.

it has to be the connections. check and double check LPC, d0, and that the chip is on correctly.

#3 markusOR

markusOR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:16 PM

Ok thanx a lot, so as far as you can tell its not my actuall chip that is broken it just has something to do with the connection points. I read that if you get a red light that it means you have correctly connected your D0 point and from the manuels ive read i have it connected to the right D0..Also regarding the LPC ports if I press down on the chip so that its firmly touching all LPC ports I still get a frag

#4 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:19 PM

are the optional rivets installed?

#5 markusOR

markusOR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:32 PM

No but thats not really an option because I wasnt the one who originally installed it so I only have what was in the xbox when I recieved it

#6 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:39 PM

just keep fixing and fidgeting the connections until it boots.

try upgrading the OS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users