• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ptt

ptt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:49 PM

I don't know how this stuff works, but what I can tell you is my kid has an x-box everything was working fine, I don't know what he did but now when you turn it on the tv screen rolls and I can focus on what the options are, he said something about PAL?
Can someone guide me thru this for my kid please.

#2 Mad_Eyes

Mad_Eyes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:54 PM

Lemme get this straight, so it boots to the dashboard fine and u can access everything u normally do, but just the image is messed up?

#3 ptt

ptt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(Mad_Eyes @ Jun 20 2007, 12:30 AM) View Post

Lemme get this straight, so it boots to the dashboard fine and u can access everything u normally do, but just the image is messed up?

yes exactly, I've been reading about this PAL/NTSC. I think my kid changed it buy I can't read the screen to see how to change it back.

#4 Mad_Eyes

Mad_Eyes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE(ptt @ Jun 19 2007, 04:35 PM) View Post

yes exactly, I've been reading about this PAL/NTSC. I think my kid changed it buy I can't read the screen to see how to change it back.

What makes u so sure the component cable hasn't been damaged? BTW is the xbox modded?

#5 ptt

ptt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(Mad_Eyes @ Jun 20 2007, 12:40 AM) View Post

What makes u so sure the component cable hasn't been damaged? BTW is the xbox modded?

component cables are good, yes modded, I remember seeing xecuter2 on this screen

#6 Mad_Eyes

Mad_Eyes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(ptt @ Jun 19 2007, 04:44 PM) View Post

component cables are good, yes modded, I remember seeing xecuter2 on this screen

Xecuter2 is the bios ur box runs on. PAL/NTSC is region coding that applies to a video game's origin. Typically a US xbox cannot play a game from Asia and visa versa. Obviously, modding a xbox will allow its owner to play both PAL and NTSC games. I'm really not sure what ur kid meant when he was talking about PAL. Wish I could help more sry.

CODE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL_Region

CODE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC

Edited by Mad_Eyes, 20 June 2007 - 12:21 AM.

#7 ptt

ptt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE(Mad_Eyes @ Jun 20 2007, 12:56 AM) View Post

Xecuter2 is the bios ur box runs on. PAL/NTSC is region coding that applies to a video game's origin. Typically a US xbox cannot play a game from Asia and visa versa. Obviously, modding a xbox will allow its owner to play both PAL and NTSC games. I'm really not sure what ur kid meant when he was talking about PAL. Wish I could help more sry.

Is there a option in the menu to change from NTSC to PAL?
I think that's what he did,(kids 7yrs old) didn't know what he was playing with.
I sent you a pm also
thanks

#8 Mad_Eyes

Mad_Eyes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE(ptt @ Jun 19 2007, 04:58 PM) View Post

Is there a option in the menu to change from NTSC to PAL?
I think that's what he did,(kids 7yrs old) didn't know what he was playing with.
I sent you a pm also
thanks

It shouldn't matter because the xbox will be able to play NTSC, PAL, burned games, etc automatically w/o having to configure settings on the box. Do u know what dashboard the xbox uses?

#9 ptt

ptt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE(Mad_Eyes @ Jun 20 2007, 01:02 AM) View Post

It shouldn't matter because the xbox will be able to play NTSC, PAL, burned games, etc automatically w/o having to configure settings on the box. Do u know what dashboard the xbox uses?

From what I understand, yes the xbox will play both games but a tv will not show the game properly if it was made for NTSC and the game is showing in PAL.
I think it is in video/tv setting's but I can't read it the picture on the tv just rolls the screen.
I need someone to walk me thru the menu as I can't read it.
thanks

#10 leeman24

leeman24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

Ok this happened to me about 3 yrs ago, I modded a box for my nephew and it was running the dashboard Unleash-X. Apparently he changed the settings under video options to PAL. It was a pretty easy fix, I used "Auto-installer deluxe" or A.K.A. "AIO" and reinstalled the dashboard. Your xbox will boot from this cd and then it is pretty easy to follow after that. Use a Program like Alcohol 120% or Nero to burn the .iso hope this helps

#11 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

your tv may not beable to handle pal games the video signal could be making it bounce....so yeah sounds like
1. your tv wont play pal games.

2. dashboard settings are stuck on pal setting.

although you should be able to ftp into it and edit the ini file and make it ntsc im not sure if thats where the settings are stored though, dosent hurt to try though

#12 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:54 PM

You need to burn a copy of the Enigmah Video Mode Switch disc. It can be easily found with google (not sure if it's in the usual place), you need version 2. Write the ISO to a DVD-R with IMGBurn and put it in your Xbox. When the Enigmah screen comes up, press B and wait 10 seconds, then turn off the Xbox. It should now be in NTSC mode. If that doesn't work, try pressing A, I can't remember which one is for PAL or NTSC.

Edited by deadparrot, 22 June 2007 - 12:55 PM.

#13 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

Ignore all the advice and do only what ^^^^^^ my friend above said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users