4 replies to this topic

#1 some.fatty

some.fatty

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:30 AM

Later this month i am going on vacation and the hotel offers internet for free, but it's wireless and I don't have a wireless adapter(and dont necessarily want to shell out $$100 for the thing). So i was wondering, will any other wireless usb adapters work with the 360 or is microsoft's overpriced peice of hardware my only choice besides wired?? (By the way I do not have a laptop so connecting to the internet via a laptop connected to the internet then wired to my 360)

#2 M3_DeL

M3_DeL

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:45 AM

Read this post at the top

Pinned:: Faq: Xbox 360 Hardware And Topics Of Note

#3 some.fatty

some.fatty

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:27 AM

oh... sorry about that. well do you have a list of the ethernet adapters that work with it I can't seem to find it.

#4 pimpmaul69

pimpmaul69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(some.fatty @ Jun 20 2007, 04:03 AM) View Post

oh... sorry about that. well do you have a list of the ethernet adapters that work with it I can't seem to find it.

any will work..you can get a linksys one for like 30 dollars off of ebay

#5 cwegga

cwegga

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:56 AM

Be careful though, most of the cheap adapters that you can get will need to be configured with a PC to work. So if you don't know the hotels settings ahead of time you probably can't get them to work without a laptop or computer there.

For ease of use buy the MS adapter. I have it and I take my console to friends houses and LANs all the time. The money is worth it for the easy setup, I have saved so much time by being able to configure the wireless settings in the dashboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users