7 replies to this topic

#1 Shotgun Earl

Shotgun Earl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

Hello,

Going to get an xbox and just wanted some opinions on what might be right or wrong (or better). I plan to get a refurbished xbox and mod it with the Solderless Xecuter X3 CE (sorry soldering is just not my thing yet). Also I am going to add a 500gb hdd. After doing a little reading I guess the "Ultimate Boot-CD v4.0" is the best option for getting everything working. I plan to use XBMC as the dashboard. Any tips or problems I might run into would be greatly appreciated.

- Shotgun

#2 patchesreusch

patchesreusch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:jhaqj-ds00w-bgepg-v9djr9-kk3480
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:28 PM

if you have steady hands solder it if you get 1.0-1.5 i tried on 1.6 with rebuild board borad and broke a trace but if you have a soldering iron and 1.0-1.5 its about just as easy and a lot cheaper and never messes up

#3 mal33

mal33

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:modding and hacking
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:59 AM

I think the rebuild board is more hazadous and easier to pull off a trace than doing a wire LPC rebuild on a V!.6.

The optical drive should bel ess tired in the V1.6.

What do you think?

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:15 AM

He has already said "soldering is not his thing" so the first 2 replies tell him to solder. uhh.gif
Here is a tip if you are using a 500GB HDD use XBPartitioner to format the drive using 32k clusters, in order to avoid data corruption on partitions larger than 256GB.
I guess the "Ultimate Boot-CD v4.0" is the best option for getting everything working.

Other better options are available. Slayers 2.7 or AID 3 are a couple.

Make sure to flash the correct bios for your version of box when you get the chip

#5 Shotgun Earl

Shotgun Earl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:06 PM

Thank You very much, that is what I was looking for.

#6 Shotgun Earl

Shotgun Earl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

I see that there is a "Auto-Installer Deluxe v4.02" but I also see there it says "update pack". Is this just an update for all old versions or can you use this one to get you started.

#7 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:20 PM

u gotta get a full version around 600 mb or so, and than use the update pack to update the software its all in the readme file that u get with it

#8 Mad_Eyes

Mad_Eyes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(Shotgun Earl @ Jun 22 2007, 12:14 PM) View Post

I see that there is a "Auto-Installer Deluxe v4.02" but I also see there it says "update pack". Is this just an update for all old versions or can you use this one to get you started.

The update pack contains minor changes made to the main file. However, the update pack contains the whole package (in the one I d/led at least). Good choice with AID.

pop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users