X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:54 AM

hi all
i recently brought a 120gig HDD for my 360 and in australia there is no transfer disc and the american one is region coded so i used Xplorer360 to img my 20gig using my vista machine then put aside i then atached the 120 and used the hex edited Xplorer360 to inject my profiles and data it work but 1 profile was corrupt so i deleted and reinjected it now the 120 gig was not seen by the xbox but under Xplorer360 all the data is there
i tried the 20gig wich im sure i only imaged nothing else and it is also not seen i tried both HDD's in a mates xbox they are not there so i tried his HDD in my xbox and it is there. what went wrong and can i save these two drives ?

#2 kingla

kingla

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

is it possable to just format them and start again if ppl can do flash the western digital drives to work there might be a way some one know to flash the 20 with working hddss.bin from a working 20gig i have no idea why it would stop working in xbox but yet Xplorer360 see's it all

#3 kingla

kingla

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

i borowed a friends hard drive and did a backup with xplorer360 beta 6 so i could restore it to mine now he's doesnt work either

#4 kingla

kingla

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:29 PM

dont know if this helps but i tried using a working 360 HDD and the transfer disc and cable to repair the 120gig it formated copeid and then when i had to put the 120 in xbox same thing no storage device found

#5 The Prankster

The Prankster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, technology etc.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:30 AM

Chances are you're screwed. Unless you still have the warranty on it, you might be able to send it in and have it repaired if you're lucky, but the fact is that the hddss.bin(sector 16[I think]) Is signed by MS, and if you in some way manipulated that or damaged that, the console will no longer recognize it.

#6 kingla

kingla

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE(The Prankster @ Jun 23 2007, 02:06 AM) View Post

Chances are you're screwed. Unless you still have the warranty on it, you might be able to send it in and have it repaired if you're lucky, but the fact is that the hddss.bin(sector 16[I think]) Is signed by MS, and if you in some way manipulated that or damaged that, the console will no longer recognize it.

i would say im screwed the 120 i brought i had backed up that using Xplorer360 extreme version i tried to restore it using a hex editor but no luck i think all in all i killed 3 drives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users