X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Diesel Performance, Gaming, Attempting to mod Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:56 PM

I don't know if this is in the right section or not, mods or admins move if needed be.

I'm going to be getting a 360 soon and would like to hook it up to Xbox live. So my question is I have the Modem in my living room then it's goes through a router into my room for my computer. Now I'm curious if I can buy another router and plug my cable into it, so I can route it to the computer and the 360. Or would that be too much splitting up? uhh.gif

#2 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

either get another router with more ports on it or get a switch
http://en.wikipedia..../Network_switch

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

running 2 lines from the router in your living room would be the best, but using a switch (not to be confused with a hub) in your bedroom would work.

#4 DRM_360

DRM_360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Diesel Performance, Gaming, Attempting to mod Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jun 21 2007, 04:14 PM) View Post

running 2 lines from the router in your living room would be the best, but using a switch (not to be confused with a hub) in your bedroom would work.

Thanks. Thats probably what i'll end up doing anyways. Another question the premium 360 comes with a Ethernet cable right? If so how long is it?

#5 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:01 AM

the cable that comes with the 360 is 25'. also, i'd just get a switch and put the switch in your room. no reason to take the time to run another wire from the living room to your room. unless they're like right next to one another. just get a simple linksys 5 port switch. you never know if you might add devices later on down the line. link here for the switch it's only $23.99 at fry's but their website uses sessions so that is why i didn't give you that link. just go to www.frys.com and search "linksys 5 port switch"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users