Photo

Microsoft Will Fix My Rlod Xbox Free With No Warrenty!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 beefchimichunga

beefchimichunga

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

So I tried opening my xbox 360 to fix it because it had the RLOD. I got to the inner case, and realized i lacked sufficient tools (took off the sticker). So then I came to google and looked for something on "how to", and came across something that said:

"2005 manufactured Xboxes will be repaired for free!"

I was amazed, and decided to call 4myxbox. I asked if it was true, and they said "sorry, that's old policy". But after a sequence of events, i am not sure how it happened, but the lady on the phone said "ok, your xbox is out of warrenty but we can do a free repair, and i will say this is a 3 Red light error fix". And so I am like "GREAAAAT!" but...I messed with the sticker.

I guess what I am trying to say is, since that thing is the warrenty sticker, who knows if they fix it or not. I guess I will send it in, and take my chances. It looks like some people have gotten away with it unsure.gif

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

Since you are committing warranty fraud this thread will be closed ASAP. X-S is not hear to help you with warranty fraud.

& just to be clear, I'm on about the fact that you opened it...

Edited by bucko, 21 June 2007 - 09:43 PM.

#3 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:00 AM

Taken from here:
QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 23 2006, 01:50 PM) View Post
Posts Advocating Fraud

Do not make any posts advising/ advocating Fraud. Do not post advising or asking how to return goods and dishonestly attempt to obtain a warranty repair or replacement if you have voided the warranty by tampering with or opening the casing on a console. Posters asking how to get round the issue of voiding the warranty and posters offering advice on the same will lose their accounts here. If you break the seal you void the warranty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users