deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

I used my N64 for the first time in years a few months ago and it worked great. Played Super Smash Bros. and a few other classics I had forgotten my love for. I went to turn it on a few weeks ago, and for no apparent reason, it wouldn't boot. So I bought myself a gamebit and when about opening the thing. No dust, nothing. The console is in perfect, mint condition but it won't turn on!

I eventually got it to boot by leaving the top off and poking the heatsinks until THPS2 booted. I went to try that again the other day after being greeted once again by the brief flash on the TV, but nothing after that. I couldn't get it to boot no matter what I did.

Has anybody here ever repaired an N64 like this?

#2 BlackWaterOp

BlackWaterOp

X-S Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

You might need to clean your games and/or connector inside the N64. To clean the games, get a Q-tip wet with rubbing alcohol and wipe bothe sides of the pins. To clean the N64 connector, you can use a spatula with really fine grit sandpaper on the tip. Put some rubbing alcohol in it and insert it into the connector like a game back and forth a few times. After that it should work first try everytime.

If this doesn\'t work, let me know, I sell Nintendo Systems on eBay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users