coldasice

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

I am looking to put some stuff on my 305. Nothing major unless it can be put in a 350. I plan on getting a block and building an engine from there. Although for now I would like to have a few horsepower goodies to get some extra smoke off the tires. It is a TBI so the options are somewhat limited. I guess I am asking in your opinions what will give me the most bang for my buck. Thanks guys.

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

Cheap and simple is to advance your timing 3-5 degrees, add a free flowing airfilter (K&N etc) but probably your best bet would be to swap the intake manifold with a better one. There arent too many options for a tbi manifold but Edelbrock makes a decent one. Match that up with a decent pair of headers/exhaust and you should see ~15% hp gain with little effect of fuel economy. All of those can be transferred over to a 350 if you upgrade later. It may not be worth it to you to swap camshafts but another increase can be made there. The 305 suffers from a very small bore diameter, so large valve heads arent really an effective option (price wise either). Stick with the small stuff and build your 350 the way you want it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users