• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:56 PM

CHRIS BENOIT AND FAMILY FOUND DEAD
By: Bob Ryder
6/25/2007 6:11:40 PM

Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, and their son were found dead in their home this afternoon. Circumstances surrounding their death are being investigated by local authorities.

The news of their deaths has just been confirmed on WWE.com.

The news is devastating to all who knew him and words can't describe what I'm thinking right now.

RAW tonight will be a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family.

MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OF CHRIS BENOIT & FAMILY
6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead at their Atlanta area home.

Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.

No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating.

UPDATE ON DEATH OF CHRIS BENOIT FAMILY; ONE CAUSE OF DEATH RULED OUT
6/25/2007 8:10:23 PM

Local Atlanta media is beginning to cover the news that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead today. AJC.com reports that police found the bodies at around 4pm local time and that police would not say how the family died other than they were not shot to death.

Sources tell 1Wrestling.com that police were dispatched to the Benoit home after receiving a call from WWE officials who were concerned that they were not able to get in touch with Benoit.

Vince McMahon opened tonight's RAW broadcast standing in the ring in an empty arena. McMahon explained that tonight was scheduled as a show centered around the presumed death of the "Mr McMahon" character, but with the tragic news of this afternoon the show would now be a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family.

Edited by VampX, 26 June 2007 - 01:04 AM.

#2 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:05 AM

yah.. this has been a shocker for me.

i've been trying to dig up news from Atlanta to verify the story.. so far.. only the Wrestling media seems to have carried this story.

I've been chatting etc with people.. and from what we can tell he was at the arena of the PPV, left before the show citing a family emergency then went home. From that point.. all we have is the official WWE story.

what we fear, is one of a few of the following scenarios..

Benoit arrives home to find his Wife and kid dead, likely the result of a murder suicide.. and then he takes his life..

Benoit arrives homes.. things get heated.. then one kills the others and then themselve..

or 3.. the most unlikely.. he arrives home.. and someone outside the family has done the deed.

there is still so much we don't know.

My wife didn't understand the severity of the situation when she first read me the story. she didn't realize that it was Benoit AND his family found dead.

This is so much more interesting.. and tragic than most wrestling deaths in recent history. I'm definitely inpsired to write alot about this.. but am waiting for the authorities to give us their determination before I comment much more on this with so little to go on.

Benoit will be missed.. as he's always been worth watching even when wrestling hasn't been worth it.

#3 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:06 AM

Wow, that was pretty unexpected.
Rather unfortunate piece of news to have read. sad.gif

#4 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• 5,149 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:13 AM

I'm currently at a loss for words so i don't really know what to say about all this..

But I'll miss Benoit, like you said he was always worth watching, he always gave a 100%

#5 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:42 AM

Wow, my friend just called me up since I don't watch wrestling much these days, and told me the news.

Props go out to Vince for canceling a whole show, and breaking his "character" to address this issue and give him a tribute.

This is sad news indeed.......

#6 fierygt

fierygt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:14 AM

sad.gif This is unbelievable. One of the few who earned respect no matter which way the "storylines" sent his career. Part of me can't help but wonder if moving to the ECW brand may have been a factor. I think this will be major network news by tomorrow, because of the fact the whole family was found dead.

#7 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• 5,149 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:10 AM

News reports are quoting authorities as saying the death of Chris Benoit,
his wife Nancy, and son Daniel, is being investigated as a homicide.

This is becoming weirder and weirder..
first he has to go home because his wife and kid are sick and now its a homicide?

#8 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:17 AM

Authorities have confirmed they were slain, but will not release any further details at the moment.
We don't know who found them or where they were located inside the home.

#9 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:26 AM

its such a shame that i can barely even believe that its true. he has always been such a great wrestler who was worth watching everytime he performed.

They have updated saying that it was a double murder-suicide. No word on who was the murderer however.

Edited by Himura, 26 June 2007 - 03:45 AM.

#10 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:28 AM

Here's an update from the Associated Press:
http://www.foxnews.c...,286673,00.html

WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

I find it very hard to believe seeing as how everyone seemed to see him as one to always put his family first.

#11 ScrewinGates

ScrewinGates

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:29 AM

i just read that its speculated that he killed his wife and child then himself.this really sux benoit was one of the greatest.peace be with you Wolverine sad.gif

#12 I Want More CowBell

I Want More CowBell

The only Prescription is....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Get out! This part is just for the men!!!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:41 PM

man, steriods can make someone go insane...i bet that is what it was....

#13 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• 5,149 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

TMZ: BENOIT MAY HAVE WATCHED PPV WITH SON
6/26/2007 12:38:36 PM

TMZ.com is reporting more details on the Benoit Family tragedy. According to a TMZ source, Benoit was texting friends during the Vengeance pay-per-view and may have watched the event with his son who may have still been alive at the time.

TMZ says law enforcement sources tell them that Benoit is believed to have strangled Nancy on Saturday, then smothered his son in bed sometime on Sunday before hanging himself in the weight room of their home on Monday.

POLICE INVESTIGATING POSSIBLE STEROID CONNECTION IN BENOIT FAMILY TRAGEDY
6/26/2007 2:08:32 PM

Authorities are looking into the possibility that "roid rage" may have been a factor in the Benoit family tragedy but decline to say whether steroids were found at the crime scene.

An updated Associated Press report quotes District Attorney Scott Ballard as saying, "That's one of the things we'll be looking at". Test results will not be available for a few weeks.

Man steroids can fuck you up, I'm actually surprised Scott Steiner hasn't killed anyone yet..

#14 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

Theres also a new statement released by WWE about people speculating about roid rage.

http://www.wwe.com/i...oitpressrelease

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

#15 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• 5,149 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:30 AM

There's a certain irony in seeing the WWE accusing the media of over sensationalizing..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users