wellmodded

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

Hey i know that evertime u want to change a harddrive in yr xbox u have to lock your harddrive well i know how 2 do that stuff but i don;t want to keep locking my harddrie cause i am constanly swapping harddrive out of my xbox

any waz i know tht thy have bios that you can put on your xbox which won't require to lock your harddrive but if i change the bios would i stll be able to run like UnleashX on the xbox or i can onyl run linux

also ca some tell me a good bios to use for my xbox i have a v1.0
and if possible some good tuts??

i know thy ahve tuts on this forum for that but i just wanna know whihc tuts u recommend me using and whihc bios would be better than another

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:45 PM

If you have a softmod then you HAVE to lock the hdd.. If you have a chip or flashed tsop, then virtually any bios will work with an unlocked hdd.. If you use XBLive then you need to lock your hdd and turn off any chips to not get banned..

#3 wellmodded

wellmodded

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

no i don;t use xbox live i don;t havea softmod on my xbox as yet and i am not taking about mod chips
i now or should i say i read tht uc an flash your xbox BIOS chip to another bios so that u donl;t have to lock your harddrive everytime u want to put it in your xbox

for instance in EVOX bios i am not sure but i don't think uhave to lock your harddrive whn you are putting it in

any wz wht i want do to do is flash the bios ont he otherboard so that i can swap harddirve with out have to lock the harddirve again

so my queston is

1- wht is a good bios to use so that i don't have to lock my harddrive and i can still use unleashX on my xbox

also is it possible for my to flash evolution X on my bios chip tht is on the motherboard?

no i don;t use xbox live i don;t havea softmod on my xbox as yet and i am not taking about mod chips
i now or should i say i read tht uc an flash your xbox BIOS chip to another bios so that u donl;t have to lock your harddrive everytime u want to put it in your xbox

for instance in EVOX bios i am not sure but i don't think uhave to lock your harddrive whn you are putting it in

any wz wht i want do to do is flash the bios on the motherboard so that i can swap harddirve with out have to lock the harddirve again

so my queston is

1- wht is a good bios to use so that i don't have to lock my harddrive and i can still use unleashX on my xbox

also is it possible for my to flash evolution X on my bios chip tht is on the motherboard?

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:01 PM

No offense but your spelling and grammer is horrible. If it's harder to read, someone will be less likely to help. Not trying to bash you, just giving you a tip wink.gif

Your talking about a TSOP flash. I can't offer much on the TSOP flash, but I'll answer as much as I can.

With TSOPing you flash the onboard bios (TSOP chip) and yes you won't need to lock your HDD if you do a TSOP flash.

TSOP doesn't exist on a 1.6, so it's not possible on a 1.6. You have a 1.0, so you can do a TSOP flash.

EvoX is more commonly referred to as the bios and Evolution X is more commonly referred to as the dashboard. But yes, some EvoX bioses can be flashed to a TSOP, but not all. You'll need to do some more research on TSOPing to find which ones to use.

Don't really get why you don't want to lock them. If those HDDs are only going in and out of your 1 xbox, you don't have to unlock them. You can leave them all locked and whenever you wish you can just pop in another HDD and it will boot cause it's already locked (I used to do that on my softmodded box, using the stock HDD for Live and a larger drive for other stuff).

Also when using a modchip you don't have to keep a HDD locked.

Edited by cerealkillajme, 27 June 2007 - 08:03 PM.

#5 wellmodded

wellmodded

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:17 PM

i am poping harddrive in and out of my pc to xbox and no FTP is not a option well it is but i have my reasons y i don't wanan use FTP
the thing i i notice whn u lock and unlock harddrive 2 much thy start to get problem after a while i noice this with like 3 harddrive i worked with tht y i don't wanna lock my harddrive any more

any waz could u recommend me to tuts ??

srry for my grammer lol

#6 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:04 AM

To flash your tsop you'll need to solder 2 points on the motherboard.. Then to flash it you'll ned to essentially temporarily softmod the original drive to allow you to run what you need to flash assuming you can't do a gamesave hack.. There is a tsop flashing forum for further details.. I have a 1.0 with IND-5003 flashed to the tsop.. 1.0-1.1 are great for tsoping since the chips are bigger..

#7 CamdogXIII

CamdogXIII

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox's, building computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(wellmodded @ Jun 27 2007, 06:53 PM) View Post

i am poping harddrive in and out of my pc to xbox and no FTP is not a option well it is but i have my reasons y i don't wanan use FTP
the thing i i notice whn u lock and unlock harddrive 2 much thy start to get problem after a while i noice this with like 3 harddrive i worked with tht y i don't wanna lock my harddrive any more

any waz could u recommend me to tuts ??

srry for my grammer lol

well, it's not so much the locking that damages them, it's the constant plugging and unplugging of the cables that wears them out faster. FTP is SUCH an easy option instead of constant switching of hard drives. i think that it would be easier to setup a network and just ftp the files back and forth than to do what you are doing wink.gif

#8 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:39 PM

Its a moot point anyway if your tsop is flashed.. I don't think there are any hacked bioses out there that don't support unlocked hdds.. I have a 1.0 with IND-5003 flashed to the tsop, and I don't need a locked hdd.. Just don't flash an M$ retail bios, and it should boot an unlocked drive assuming you chose a bios compatible with your xbox version to begin with..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users