• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#136 micster

micster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:04 AM

Have you guys looked into "Launcher" for launching ROMs directly from XBMC? It's a rewritten plugin in the similiar vein as Retro-X. It allows for launching any application from within XBMC and because it's a plugin you get all the nice formatting from whatever skin you are using. It is also cross-platform currently working on Windows, Linux, and Xbox.

Heres a link to the thread over on XBMC.org with an example of my Aeon Project skin running "Launcher"
Launcher - an application launcher for XBMC

-Mic

#137 Zelgadis

Zelgadis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:XBMC + Networking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(micster @ Oct 14 2008, 03:40 AM) View Post

Have you guys looked into "Launcher" for launching ROMs directly from XBMC? It's a rewritten plugin in the similiar vein as Retro-X. It allows for launching any application from within XBMC and because it's a plugin you get all the nice formatting from whatever skin you are using. It is also cross-platform currently working on Windows, Linux, and Xbox.

Heres a link to the thread over on XBMC.org with an example of my Aeon Project skin running "Launcher"

-Mic

very nice it looks like they are loading the snes games.
just hope it works on zsnesx and psx

Edited by Zelgadis, 13 January 2009 - 08:55 PM.

#138 Dr-Zeuss

Dr-Zeuss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

- To XBMC users that have their Roms/Cut/wideIcons all set up nice...

Could you make a "Wide Icon & Cut Pack" ?

IE: Zip up your 'Cut files folder' and corisponding 'Wide icons folder' done! Then after people download and extract, all the user has to do is dump the roms in the specified folder and.... PRESTO! - instant XBMC Retro games Folder with Wide Icons!

If somone could take the minute or 2 to zip up the pack, that would be great as Im sure people would like the idea of saving them having to type up all the .cut files individualy. I guess lots of you have already done their .cuts with the wide icons to match so it should be easy to zip the folders, i can also host the pack if needed.

Cheers

#139 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(micster @ Oct 13 2008, 08:40 PM) View Post

-Mic

Does anyone know much about this? I'm trying to use it, but I can't find a good instruction manual to how you would set it up for emulators and roms. Please PM me with info if you know. I would like to integrate this into my project if it is doable.

Thanks,
~Rx

#140 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

A new version of PCSXBox, which supports shortcut files correctly, is now available. smile.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=678458

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 05 March 2009 - 12:06 AM.

#141 Tweakster

Tweakster

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ Mar 4 2009, 06:56 AM) View Post

A new version of PCSXBox, which supports shortcut files correctly, is now available. smile.gif

Thank you so much Bomb Bloke you have Made my day, PCSXBox with workable cut files
Time for me to Start Working on psx Box art for the cut files biggrin.gif
Thanks Again!! biggrin.gif

ps..Anyone able to get the command line Feature to work with Coinops Ignite Standalone?
If so How......?
When I make a cut file all it does is load to the rom selection screen

Edited by Tweakster, 04 March 2009 - 08:51 PM.

#142 lordpro

lordpro

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE(watty1 @ Sep 15 2008, 04:48 AM) View Post

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Hi can i have the Photoshop file psd that seperates the layers of the iPhone style icons so that i could make my own? please ->thank you

Edited by lordpro, 26 October 2009 - 07:31 AM.

#143 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

LordPro, If you still need this let me know and Ill upload it (just make sure to upload/share what ever you create) cool.gif

#144 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:rebuilding broken xboxes

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:49 AM

Since this is a pinned thread on the subject I will post here. I have read from alot of sources that loading roms with cutfiles over a network in xbmc was not possible. This is bad information. Rom network sharing is possible if the emulator has the support built in. I have tried all the xport emulators and they all work with network support and cutfiles. If the paths are set in the emulator ini file correctly you can direct the cutfiles to use these paths. It matters not what directory the emulators actually pointed to but that all the network settings are correct. I am going to check on coinops and some of the mame emulators that have network support and see if they will also work like xport emulators do. They configure differently so its a toss up if they will work or not. I will post back here when I find out something.

#145 lordpro

lordpro

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(ultimate509 @ Nov 28 2009, 08:41 PM) View Post

LordPro, If you still need this let me know and Ill upload it (just make sure to upload/share what ever you create) cool.gif

yes please smile.gif

#146 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:32 PM

No probs, check your pm box....

#147 lordpro

lordpro

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(ultimate509 @ Nov 30 2009, 10:32 PM) View Post

No probs, check your pm box....

Check your PM box

IPB Image

IPB Image

#148 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

Edited by ultimate509, 01 December 2009 - 03:37 PM.

#149 flbeserk

flbeserk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

damn looking at these posts makes me want to slap in an even bigger hdd into my xbox and just update all my emulators and load as many roms as i need to. hard for me to stay on top of emulators and roms but all these cool new updates makes me want to leave work right now and head home lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users