• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Donavan25

Donavan25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

hello, im still kinda new to modding so forgive me if i have a stupid question. i have an original xbox v1.0 and i installed a smartxx v3 mod chip by myself. I have XBMC as my dashboard, everything works great and i love it. Now my brother wants me to mod his box. He has a v1.6 xbox and i dont want to spend the money for another chip (we are planning on keeping the default 8GB HDD in the box). Would it be possible to soft mod his box by taking his 8GB HDD and putting it into my modded box temporarily and editing the files, then return the HDD to his box??

Im not sure if it is even possible to make it happen this way. I just came up with the idea and was wondering.

#2 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:38 PM

swapping HDD etc. is gonna be a big pain in the ass, especially because his is a 1.6 and your isn't.

Easiest way to do it is to buy a memory card (official if possible) and Splinter cell game (original).

Go to #xbins and get Krayzies Ndure v1.1 FTp it to YOUR xbox and use the M$ dash to copy it to MC and then to HIS xbox, run the installer, follow on screen directions. done.

Moving ...........

#3 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

Not possible. HDD are locked to the mobo with a HDDkey stored in the eeprom.

Your options:

1. Hotswap and do it 100% free. There is risk of frying the XBOX HDD and your PC mobo though.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263

2. You could optionally install your chip in his box temporarily (you would need to flash a 1.6 bios to use it on his xbox though) and then install all of the needed files (I don't think there is any guide to which files you need to specifically install, but you may be able to use the Ndure XBOXHDM files). You could also use CASH v1.1 to do this, click the link in my sig and read post #11 for full instructions if you wish to go that route.

3. You could use your modded xbox to put the saves onto a memory card, then copy the save onto his xbox. But you will still need one of the 3 softmod games to launch the save. (chorizo1 listed this method above)

That's about as much as your modded box will help with getting his modded.

#4 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:49 PM

The only advantage you'd have (over a regular gamesave exploit -> softmod) using a chipped xbox to softmod is the ability to upgrade the harddrive. This can be a pain in the ass if you make a mistake with your eeproms. You might be able to hotswap to the chipped xbox, but I've never tried.

Best idea (as mentioned) is get splinter cell (tons of them now in bins in many stores for $5) and a memory card ( less than $10 on ebay). Then you can mod others easy as well.

Edited by Movax, 28 June 2007 - 12:50 PM.

#5 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

You can softmod and upgrade the hdd with nothing more than a typical pc, blank cd, and bigger hdd.. xboxhdm can do it easily and safely (aside from the maybe 1:1000 chance of a bad hotswap).. The tuts/info you want are in XBE Exploits forum, not here (unless you have easy access to a memcard and exploit game.. Then its even easier since you could use your modded box to put the exploit on the memcard..
I've actually 'tried' to kill hdd's by hotswapping, and never really succeeded.. There are a few posts about problems, but not as many as from bad soldering thats for sure.. If a problem did occur then you'd just need to atleast borrow a chip to reaccess the xbox to retrieve its eeprom.bin.

#6 Traviss63

Traviss63

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:04 AM

Hey I recently did this Exact scenerio its very easy

offering files is not allowed. read the rules.

Edited by krayzie, 01 July 2007 - 06:32 AM.

#7 AWD Bus

AWD Bus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:30 AM

chorizo1 is giving good info there. Its quick, easy, and you never even have to open the xbox. Krazie offers very good stuff at a very affordable price (free)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users