• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:41 AM

XNA GSE: Making your 'Game in 60 Minutes' work on the Xbox 360
Posted by XanTium | June 27 21:41 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From letskilldave.com (FYI: MS owned blog):

There are two important things missing from the Tutorial 4 video ("Make a Game in 60 Minutes") on the XNA Creators Club Online website.. The first was writing your code so that you can deploy the game to the Xbox 360. The second was using the keyboard instead of the Xbox 360 controller. In this post, I'm going to talk about fixing your game to deploy to the Xbox 360.

Full Story: letskilldave.com

#2 Vidness

Vidness

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:52 PM

Can a 'game' be an application that can open .avi .mkv, .ogm, and .mp4 files across a samba-shared network? smile.gif

#3 proger

proger

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Vidness @ Jun 28 2007, 11:28 AM) View Post

Can a 'game' be an application that can open .avi .mkv, .ogm, and .mp4 files across a samba-shared network? smile.gif

It could be, but you'd need the code to decode those formats. (Written in C#?)

#4 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(Vidness @ Jun 28 2007, 11:28 AM) View Post

Well, first off, I haven't been able to find any support of video formats in XNA. The decoders could be written in C#, but I'm sure they'd take a performance hit at that high of a level.

Second, there is no network support (yet). I think Microsoft is waiting to see if anybody can break their XNA C# "sandbox" before opening up network capability. Even if they do open it up - it will be to access Live and maybe media files via their Zune gateway.

Don't let this put you off, though. XNA is pretty powerful, but it's meant as a legitimate outlet for homebrew game designers. I'm pretty sure that the guys behind XNA were very familiar with the homebrew scene - I suspect their "Marblets" may be an homage to my own "X-Marbles" homebrew for the Xbox (I consider it to be the first "complete" game in the homebrew scene - gameplay, sound, music, high score, though a Pong clone preceded it by a week or two). It's just not set up to code XBMC; I think Microsoft intends to leverage the dashboard for that, as it ties into th marketplace strategy, and Microsoft is, after all, out to make a buck or two on the 360. wink.gif

#5 silentkiller120

silentkiller120

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:21 AM

Let me ask yall about this theory!!

We all know that xbox one was hacked a basicaly ran off linux and would allow you to play unsigned code or even multiple region movies and so on.

Do you think it is possible to make An XNA disc to run linux and able to select the usb harddrive dirictory. Being able to launch unsigned ISO's of X360 games, unsiged code, and homebrew.

I am refering to the extra external harddrive modd, which can be many gigs.....Just a theory, but linux might not even work on x360...just think about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users