Photo

So To Hack A Save I Basically Have To...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 xiblackosirisix

xiblackosirisix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:35 PM

i take the save from my xbox, put it on my computer, modify the hex codes of what i want to change, and put it back on my xbox...right?

and to modify it, i use one of the many programs out there?

what's a recommended one to use?

#2 ekszbox

ekszbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:34 AM

IDA Pro is one option.
I hate the program so i'd instead recommend using cxbx to convert your xbe into an exe, & then dissassembling it

KM

Edited by forprog, 02 July 2007 - 05:49 PM.

#3 Snowfox00x

Snowfox00x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(ekszbox @ Jun 30 2007, 01:10 AM) View Post

IDA Pro is one option.
I hate the program so i'd instead recommend using cxbx to convert your xbe into an exe, & then dissassembling it using Hdasm:
KM

Really? Game saves are in xbe format?

Or do you have no idea what you just said? pop.gif

Edited by forprog, 02 July 2007 - 05:49 PM.

#4 xiblackosirisix

xiblackosirisix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

i read that tutorial, and im not entirely sure of where i would add the hex code for an item...would someone perhaps tell me where or something?

thanks for your help so far

#5 ekszbox

ekszbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(xiblackosirisix @ Jun 30 2007, 07:13 PM) View Post

i read that tutorial, and im not entirely sure of where i would add the hex code for an item...would someone perhaps tell me where or something?

thanks for your help so far

There are some good tuts on maxconsole which should help you, like these ones:

QUOTE(Snowfox00x @ Jun 30 2007, 09:51 AM) View Post

Really? Game saves are in xbe format?

Or do you have no idea what you just said? pop.gif

Who said game saves are in xbe format?
If the topic is beyond your intellectual capacity &/or you have nothing helpful to say then don't chime in.

KM

Edited by forprog, 02 July 2007 - 05:48 PM.

#6 xiblackosirisix

xiblackosirisix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:14 AM

alrighty then, ill look at those right now. im saving up for an AR to use with my xbox, so i wont be able to test it out right away and see if i understand. would it be possible for someone to give me like a random cruddy save to test it out on?

thanks again for your help

#7 ekszbox

ekszbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(xiblackosirisix @ Jul 1 2007, 03:50 AM) View Post

alrighty then, ill look at those right now. im saving up for an AR to use with my xbox, so i wont be able to test it out right away and see if i understand. would it be possible for someone to give me like a random cruddy save to test it out on?

thanks again for your help

I'd recommend you start out by doing a simple trainer (Follow a tut), then doing one without any help.
Hacking save games is something you should attempt when you're more comfortable with your hexeditor/dissasembler.

The way i'd hack a save is by comparing different saves (from the same game).
I can't give a good example/more details as you havn't given me enough info.
i.e. what game save you want to hack, if you have managed to patch the xbe yet, what values you want to patch in the save.
Of course i've only hacked xbe's, not save games, so maybe there is an easier way (use a search engine).
Still, no harm doing things the hard way as it may build up your hacking skills much faster.

KM

Edited by ekszbox, 01 July 2007 - 10:10 PM.

#8 xiblackosirisix

xiblackosirisix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:03 AM

well, as this is the PSO board, i wish to hack my save and make just an amazing cool weapon, that my character shouldn't be able to equip, but can anynway, i.e. a hunter using a rifle or a cane. or something of that sort....or making those devil wing mags would be cool too...

and im clueless on almost everything else you just said....>.< sorry

#9 forprog

forprog

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:47 PM

Have you read through the pinned topics? most all of what you are asking for help with is explained in there

#10 xiblackosirisix

xiblackosirisix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:07 AM

yessir, i have looked through all of the pinned topics, but i havent been able to figure out where i need to edit the code and such, and i dont have a save to look at right now

#11 forprog

forprog

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:48 PM

Most of what i have ever done (as explained above) is not done through the save. Take another look.

#12 xiblackosirisix

xiblackosirisix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

okay, so im wrong...it's done, from what i can tell, throught the ItemRT.gsl file or a default.xbe file...

im clueless on how to even get those...sorry >.>

#13 Berzerker92

Berzerker92

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Modding? paintball, sports.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

gamesaves are in E:UDATA on your xbox, or to mess with them use SAV3R or Savegame resigner you have to unzip them first though

You dont need an action replay you need a modded xbox, FTP ability and know-how, or you can make a usb to xbox memory cable, and you can get the ar software at codejunkies

Edited by Berzerker92, 05 July 2007 - 04:40 PM.

#14 xiblackosirisix

xiblackosirisix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:25 AM

alright, so i shal softmod via the SC way and ftp the xbe of the game to my computer and then edit it?

#15 freesafety13

freesafety13

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(xiblackosirisix @ Jul 6 2007, 04:01 AM) View Post

alright, so i shal softmod via the SC way and ftp the xbe of the game to my computer and then edit it?

yep thats all you need to do. In the pinned topics section there are offsets for every character and it explains how to be able to start a new game with any item you want. You will need the AR so you can create a new character with the items you want and then be able to transfer those items to the character that you want to use them via a 2 player game. You will also need 2 controllers too.

What the pinned topics do not tell you is how to edit a hunter to be able to equip all weapons as far as I know. You may need to do some research around the web to see if anyone has found a way to edit the equipable items per character class.

Once you understand what an offset is in hex, you will be just fine. I suggest using Hex Workshop 4.2. It is extremely easy to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users