The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:55 AM

it's been like that for a while now. Dirt came out here at 40 quid for the 360 version and about 17 for the pc version. I guess it's justified because pc gamers spend so much more on hardware.

Plus codemasters don't have to give a big chunk to microsoft for their pc version.

buy it anyway, it's a cracking game biggrin.gif

#3 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(grim_d @ Jun 29 2007, 12:31 AM) View Post

it's been like that for a while now. Dirt came out here at 40 quid for the 360 version and about 17 for the pc version. I guess it's justified because pc gamers spend so much more on hardware.

Plus codemasters don't have to give a big chunk to microsoft for their pc version.

buy it anyway, it's a cracking game biggrin.gif

Is it good? I really want it.

From the reviews the PC controls are not that great and it's really built for the 360 controller. People ran out and got Xbox 360 controllers for their PC anyway and it pretty much evened out the cost between choices.

It's between this and The Darkness, but I'm leaning more toward this game, although I shouldn't be buying another game until I complete a few more of the games I already own. happy.gif

#4 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(FCTE @ Jun 29 2007, 08:00 AM) View Post

Is it good? I really want it.

From the reviews the PC controls are not that great and it's really built for the 360 controller. People ran out and got Xbox 360 controllers for their PC anyway and it pretty much evened out the cost between choices.

It's between this and The Darkness, but I'm leaning more toward this game, although I shouldn't be buying another game until I complete a few more of the games I already own. happy.gif

i got the darkness and overlord yesterday but i would say buy overlord first, it will last you so much longer.

pick the darkness up when it gets a bit cheaper because i hear it's only 10 or so hours long.

#5 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE(grim_d @ Jun 29 2007, 09:55 AM) View Post

i got the darkness and overlord yesterday but i would say buy overlord first, it will last you so much longer.

pick the darkness up when it gets a bit cheaper because i hear it's only 10 or so hours long.

Why didn't you tell me this game was so awesome? laugh.gif

Edited by FCTE, 30 June 2007 - 03:55 AM.

#6 aeroforce325

aeroforce325

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:11 AM

^^^i dont know how it can be justified as others have said it is. i mean i remember a while back when microsoft announced the pricing for games, they said that the games would retail for $60. when they said that, developers also chimed in and said that $60 or w/e amount they set the price at justified the amount of work their studios put into said games. so i'm agreeing with the TC here. everyone got the exact same game. same amount of work put into it and yet console owners get shafted on the price.

either way i clearly remember this from the time before the 360 got launched. and after all that time developers are still saying the exact same thing and doing the above. they're simply hypocrites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users