X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:HaloPC, and 2 modding, DooM "modding", and xbox modder
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:24 AM

I like using xlink to play online games with my modded xboxs, but I also have xbox live that I use on my 360.

I'm able to system link the xboxs + xbox360 fine, and had all of them playing some games, and hosted an xlink game earlier - everything work fine.

After I quit the game, I left xlink engine running on my computer, and I tried to sign into Live on my 360. It failed - it was working before I turned on xlink engine.

I use the 360's connection checker, and it says my DNS isn't right. I hit edit settings, and wtf? My IP is something like 10.232.54.5. Normally it's in the range of 192.168.1.100 - 105. The DNS ips were 192.168.0.1 and 0.0.0.0. It was obvious that wouldn't work at all.
I turn off xlink engine, and all the ips reset to how they should be (192.168.1.3 for ip, dns becomes 68.94.157.1) and it connects to Live fine.
I turn xlink back on, and it reverts to how it was earlier.
I change my 360s IP settings to manual, and I make the IP = 192.168.1.188 and fix the dns.
It connects to Live with xlink engine running on my computer, but now it says the NAT is moderate instead of Open.

Tell me someone has had this problem before and knows a fix - I'd like to be able to leave xlink running on my computer all the time so I can easily use it from XBMC and not worry about it when I try to do Live.

PS: My computer and the 360 in question are on wired connections, and both modded xboxs are wireless. I'm able to system link all the xboxs, no connection problems between them when xlink is off or on.

Also my router is a Linksys WRT54G v6 with v1.02.0 firmware.

I've also posted this on xLink's forums at http://www.teamxlink...ic.php?p=152242.

Edited by Agent ME, 30 June 2007 - 02:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users