• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 shad0wlink

shad0wlink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

Hey I'm new to the whole Xbox mod chipping and stuff like that. I was wondering What would be the best mod chip for me i want to run backups and play Xbox live (Halo 2 FTW). but i also want to get a bigger hard drive (200Gb?). MY friend had one that was mod chipped and it had some kind of switch on it. Is that for turning the Chip off/On? It would also be nice if the mod chip was solder less.

Thanks guys smile.gif

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(shad0wlink @ Jun 30 2007, 02:47 AM) View Post

Hey I'm new to the whole Xbox mod chipping and stuff like that. I was wondering What would be the best mod chip for me i want to run backups and play Xbox live (Halo 2 FTW). but i also want to get a bigger hard drive (200Gb?). MY friend had one that was mod chipped and it had some kind of switch on it. Is that for turning the Chip off/On? It would also be nice if the mod chip was solder less.

Thanks guys smile.gif

The best modchip for you depends on what your willing to spend on it, in the end they all do basically the same thing its just the more expensive ones have more features. Just remember you get what you pay for.

You cant play your backups online, you can play online only if you turn off the chip. And no that doesnt mean turn on your xbox with the chip on, then loading your game from the hard drive then turning off the chip, as the hacked bios are still loaded.
So never have your chip on when you play XBL

Yes, the external switch is for turning the chip on/off, and switching bios banks and whatnot

And finally, I wouldnt recommend getting a solderless chip. They tend to loose connection and then you have to open the xbox again and reseat the chip again.
Go pick up a 25/30 watt soldering iron from radio shack and some .032 rosin core solder and solder in the chip. Soldering in the chip provides better contact and more stable.
If you dont know how to solder, try getting some old computer or other electronic device and practice soldering on it.

#3 shad0wlink

shad0wlink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE(commandersafi @ Jun 30 2007, 08:57 AM) View Post

The best modchip for you depends on what your willing to spend on it, in the end they all do basically the same thing its just the more expensive ones have more features. Just remember you get what you pay for.

You cant play your backups online, you can play online only if you turn off the chip. And no that doesnt mean turn on your xbox with the chip on, then loading your game from the hard drive then turning off the chip, as the hacked bios are still loaded.
So never have your chip on when you play XBL

Yes, the external switch is for turning the chip on/off, and switching bios banks and whatnot

And finally, I wouldnt recommend getting a solderless chip. They tend to loose connection and then you have to open the xbox again and reseat the chip again.
Go pick up a 25/30 watt soldering iron from radio shack and some .032 rosin core solder and solder in the chip. Soldering in the chip provides better contact and more stable.
If you dont know how to solder, try getting some old computer or other electronic device and practice soldering on it.

yea my uncle could probably solder it for me, so say i wanna spend like $60 may be $70 on a chip what would be the best? I i really wanna play halo2 live so can i get some help on the chip? is it hard to add a switch?

#4 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:37 AM

If you have that much money to buy a chip, then i would say go with the Xecuter 3.

It is an exellent chip, and it has a external switch for your bios banks and flash protect.

And you can go online since the chip can be disabled (tap the power button to boot the xbox with the chip enabled, or hold power button to boot with chip off)

No switch comes with the chips, so all you do is plug in the cable, then stick it on the xbox with the adhesive pad thats on the switch

EDIT: 600th post jester.gif

Edited by commandersafi, 30 June 2007 - 09:38 AM.

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

Read the pinned on this.
What chip threads all get shut for the same reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users