• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 driftpig

driftpig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:17 AM

Hi guys, wicked forum here with some crazy modded xboxes!!!

Mines pretty bland really, halo edition xbox with an Executer 2 chip, EVOx and i upgraded the HDD to a 40Gb one i had lying around. This all worked a treat, and now i have a new DVD recorder that the guts blew up in, so i snatched the 80GB HDD out of it. From what i can tell with my PC the hard drive from the recorder is fine..

Its a Samsung SV0802E 80GB one. I popped it in my xbox tonight, with the jumpers on cable select and put it all back together -went to turn it on and pop in slayer auto installer and it wont bloody turn on...

No lights, nothing! Pulled it apart and checked everything, tried power again and nothing.. unplugged that hdd and popped old one back in and she fires up....

Any ideas as to why this is happening? HDD stuffed? HDD incompatible? Jumpers wrong? I'm missing something?

Thanks a million in advance guys!

Danny

#2 no0b123

no0b123

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  • Interests:Just xbox :p
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:06 PM

Set the Harddrive to Master (instead of cable-select). Make sure you plug in the IDE cable AND the Molex power cable into the harddrive. Assemble everything before you power on the xbox. The xbox should still turn on even if the harddrive does not work. Your Samsung SV0802E 80GB harddrive is whats causing the problems, pitch it. You will need a new harddrive if you want to upgrade your current 40GB. Go to newegg.com and seach there for some cheap harddrives. Anything will pretty much work in the xbox. Heres a list anyhow to check on locking compatability:
http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list

(You don't need to lock the harddrive, only if you want to boot into the origional MS BIOS. Locking is not needed for your X2 BIOS.)

Edited by no0b123, 30 June 2007 - 10:10 PM.

#3 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:50 AM

What are you basing your assesment of drive incompatibility on umm, noob123:).. Seems pretty quick to declare that to me.. I'd be thinking I goofed somewhere unknown more than once, and try again.. Who knows.. Noob might be right, but seems more extreme than any hdd problem I've seen..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users