3 replies to this topic

#1 RARusk

RARusk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:38 AM

I do not have a high-speed connection so therefore I can't do any OS updates through Xbox Live. So I have to download it onto my computer, an Intel Mac Mini, so I can make a disc and use it in my 360.

However, no matter what I do, the disc I make up won't be read by my 360 (yes, I do go through the power cycle). It always comes up as a "Mixed Media Disc". I made a disc with the file still zipped. I made a disc with the file unzipped. I made them using my mother's PC (even following the instructions exactly). I even removed the hard drive.

All to no avail.

Is there a setting or trick I need to do before my machine will read my disc?

Mind you, I am making CD-R's since I do not have a DVD burner at this time. Do I need to make DVD's instead of CD's?

If there was a way to transfer the updates to an X360 Memory Card can I run them off of it? Is it possible to connect my 360 to my Mac and transfer the updates to the hard drive (assuming I could even run the updates off of the hard drive)?

I am hoping that the experts here at this forum may be able to solve this annoying problem.

I should also note that I have absolutely NO problem doing Backwards Compatibility updates from CD's. I make the disc, pop it in, and make the update in less than a minute. It's just the OS updates that are driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.

#2 RARusk

RARusk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:46 AM

Hmmmm....I'm a little surprised at the lack of response. I know that I'm not the only person here who has run into this problem.

#3 stevendxm

stevendxm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:51 AM

I am having the exact same problem with my macbook right now. I can't burn from Parallels XP either. Can someone please help me.

What should the name of the disc for the fall update be?

What format should the disc be?

What should the name(s) of the file(s) inside of the disc be?

This is driving me nuts. I just want to be able to watch MP4s on my xbox! Nothing works!

#4 wallacejbj

wallacejbj

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:52 AM

to do the update i just used my usb flash drive, tried with the cd and didnt work. just copied the files onto pen drive inserted it and says update for your console is available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users