Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:30 AM

Just got back from watching Transformers. I dont really want to spoil anything for anyone but let me just say this:

Its what you WANT out of a Transformers movie. If you've been disappointed with all the summer sequels so far (Pirates 3, Fantastic Four 2, Spider-Man 3), this will renew your hope in eagerly awaited movies. Every minute of the action was awesome and most of the beginning of the movie was actually very funny.

So go watch it if you havent already! pop.gif

#2 TheSchonk

TheSchonk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Skateing, Wakeboarding, Wacthing TV, and chilling with my friends.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE(Himura @ Jul 3 2007, 04:06 AM) View Post

Just got back from watching Transformers. I dont really want to spoil anything for anyone but let me just say this:

Its what you WANT out of a Transformers movie. If you've been disappointed with all the summer sequels so far (Pirates 3, Fantastic Four 2, Spider-Man 3), this will renew your hope in eagerly awaited movies. Every minute of the action was awesome and most of the beginning of the movie was actually very funny.

So go watch it if you havent already! pop.gif

I totally agree!! This movie was awesome!!!

#3 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

+1!!!
I saw this sucker at 8 last night. It freaking rocks. Keep in mind that I was a kid who grew-up playing with Transformers, who is now a 30-something with an office decorated with Transformers. I am an old-school fan, and I can't say enough how great this movie is. My wife even loved it.

#4 dmanjohn

dmanjohn

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:39 AM

There are no words to describe this movie. It is has the greatest special effects EVER. The action was AMAZING, a lot of movie is really funny, and overall this is a MUST watch. I knew almost nothing about transformers going into seeing this movie and now i love it and know so much smile.gif

#5 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:56 AM

Saw this earlier today..freakin' awesome!

And the chick was pretty hott too.. lol.

#6 XPxAxBxLxOX

XPxAxBxLxOX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Jul 4 2007, 03:32 AM) View Post

Saw this earlier today..freakin' awesome!

And the chick was pretty hott too.. lol.

Megan Fox

#7 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:08 AM

damn right she is. first time i saw her in the trailers i went to google images. laugh.gif

#8 brutalsun

brutalsun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:23 AM

hands down the best movie of the year

#9 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

My buddy sprung for my ticket because he knew damn well I wasn't going to pay to see this *movie.* The transformations and action were good (nice Camaro is NICE!), but...

[LOTS OF SPOILERS]

1. Stereotypical black character (Jazz) dies = fail
2. Megatron is killed in the first movie = fail
3. overabundance of campiness = fail
4. Frenzy is the new Jar Jar Binks = fail
5. Devastator is a tank not a combiner = fail
6. Why was Scorponok in it?
7. Transforming Mountain Dew vending machine is EXTREME!! = fail
8. lame attempts at humor (e.g., stereotypical loud annoying black family, Indian phone guy breaking the sense of action in the Scorponok scene, black robot just HAS to breakdance (I really wish I was making that up), "masturbation scene," robot pissing, etc.) = autofail
9. If the Decepticons die so easily on Earth, why did they pose any semblance of a threat on Cybertron?
10. Megatron being "killed" by a human.
11. The transforming sound doesn't fit. At all.
12. MacGuffin: chasing after grandpa's glasses (again, I wish I was making this shit up). = fail
13. The blonde chick has the most ridiculous and annoying accent I've ever heard.
14. Clichéd clueless government that needs the help of a rogue hacker who loves DDR.

No doubt they'll resurrect Megatron for the next movie. I heard Unicron is set to be in it. I'd sooner watch a movie about My Little Pony than the next TF. Hell, combine them both to get "Unicorns vs. Unicron."

[/LOTS OF SPOILERS]

The only TF that really kicked ass was Starscream. He was possibly the one TF that was most closest to the original (even a hint dropped about his feud with Megatron). Unfortunately, he didn't have a lot of screen time or dialogue.

I'm sure that this movie will break records and win awards for the FX/CGI. I only recommend watching this movie solely for the visual effects. Find yourself a good theater with an excellent sound system and DLP if possible. Just don't expect anything other than a mindless action movie with giant robots. This movie is as Bay as it gets.

Edited by metaldevil, 04 July 2007 - 05:12 PM.

#10 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:50 PM

just wanted to point out that Scorponok was also in Transformers (the series) not only Beast Wars, which is probably why they chose him.

#11 xxwillisxx

xxwillisxx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE(Himura @ Jul 4 2007, 01:26 PM) View Post

just wanted to point out that Scorponok was also in Transformers (the series) not only Beast Wars, which is probably why they chose him.

IPB Image

hands down the best movie

Edited by xxwillisxx, 05 July 2007 - 01:54 AM.

#12 brutalsun

brutalsun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:28 AM

ya'll like the transforimng 360? when it trasformed sounded like the startup on x360.... badass

#13 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

I went to see this movie lastnight and all i can say is wow. I think any Transformer fan on any level would enjoy this movie. There were a couple of things that made me sit back for a second and say, "Wow, that was kind of gay... but I don't GIVE A FUCK BECUASE ITS A TRANSFORMERS MOVIE!!!"

As for what Metaldevil has to say about the movie, I can only agree with 2 of your little statements. Devastor isn't a tank. Its cool that they made a TF a tank, but he isn't an individual TF. Megatron WILL likely be resurrected. How many times has he died or thought to be dead and came back. He'll be back some how. As for the rest of your thoughts;

1. How do you know jazz is a "black" character? I think its a little stupid to call him the "stereotypical" black character. His original character was a TF that was musical and used sound waves and such. I think they did a good job getting his personality onto the big screen.

2. Already explain above.

3. This is the first time they've shown themselves to humans. Do you not think that they would want to camp and remain hidden? It'd cause more chaos than anything having giant robots walking around everywhere, with humans aware of them.

4. I thought frenzy was actually kind of funny. I don't think there was a single time in any star wars movie where Jar Jar Binks was funny. Actually, he reminded me of a Gremlin than anything else.

6. Scorpinok was a good addition, especially for the desert scenes. He was a lot smaller than he was in the original cartoons, but he suited his purpose.

7. The transforming pop machine wasn't the only object transformed by the allspark. It was a good example of what it actually could do if in the wrong hands.

8. These scenes were funny as hell. The fact that Duhamel is calling for support, and gets an operator instead is just fucking classic. Anthony Anderson is classic. The dude is funny. If the movie went that way for humor, then thats what they did.. Like EVERY OTHER COMEDY that has a black family in it. You know how i stand on Jazz.

9. It didn't look like it was easy for the TF's to kill each other. Other than Megatron killing Jazz.

10. I thought the kid killing Megatron was smart. What other choice did he have at that point of time? Don't get me wrong, it would have been nice to see Optimus rip him apart.

11. I don't know what you were expecting for sound effects and voices, but when i first heard the sound, i was fucking pumped that they even added it. I thought it was realistic for a live action movie.

12. The glasses made sense. Once they were explained, and you seen optimus use them, it all added up and was a good idea. Mind you, there could have been 40 different things they could have done or used to create some sort of map, they ran with the glasses and it worked.

13. I don't care how stupid her accent is.. She's sexy as hell. I can tune her out.

14. Where do you think the government gets its anit-hackers?

From the sounds of your post, you were against this movie before you even entered the theatre. Which in turn would make you focus on some retarded little things, rather than the scale and awesomeness of a live action TF movie.

I don't understand how you could enjoy a movie like Spiderman 3 and not Transformers.

#14 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE(Himura @ Jul 4 2007, 03:26 PM) View Post
Sorry about that. I meant what purpose did he serve being a transforming scorpion that can tunnel through sand? Why not just have another vehicular Decepticon instead?

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Jul 6 2007, 12:35 PM) View Post
How do you know jazz is a "black" character? I think its a little stupid to call him the "stereotypical" black character.
Lurk more: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0566902/
Black characters in movies are often portrayed as "mouthy guys with a hip hop attitude." Also, they tend to get killed more frequently than other races in movies (lots of times if they're the minority in said movies).

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Jul 6 2007, 12:35 PM) View Post
From the sounds of your post, you were against this movie before you even entered the theatre.
It's a Michael Bay movie. That right there is enough reason to expect nothing more than shaky camerawork and unnecessary slow motion shots, let alone vapid scene after vapid scene. Not to mention, the movie studio can afford over a hundred million dollars worth of special effects, but they couldn't hire a decent writing staff. The writers for that movie couldn't write a compelling suicide note. They should give it a fucking try, though. wink.gif You're right, though, I wasn't expecting the movie to be anything other than Generic Action Movie #47,193 with big robots. Still, it managed to disappoint on that level.

I'm not saying you "sux0rz" because you liked it; I'm saying I didn't (and some of my reasons why). I could probably have been satisfied with 45 minutes cut out of the movie while replacing a lot of the crap scenes with the Transformers conversing/reacting to/communicating/fighting with each other. Their personalities could have been fleshed out much more, too. They're too one-sided in the movie (e.g., "I lead!"; "I'm cruel but cool."; "I fix things."; "What's happenin', bitches?"; And Bumblebee). Realistically, I don't expect a movie based on 20-year-old toys (which feels more like a two and a half hour commercial for the American automotive industry) to be engaging. So kudos to you if you liked it, and kudos to you if you didn't. smile.gif

#15 ScrewinGates

ScrewinGates

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:24 AM

i just watched it and this movie is fucking awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users