• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 camio

camio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:53 PM

hi there about a month or 2 ago my friend came ovr frm canada and he told me abou tthe firwae hack so i could play backups so i got exited and said lets give it a go now we spent along time and lots of money getting sata calbles dl dvd's and such its harder than u hink in england so anyway we got all the equipment opendup the xbox connected it 2 my pc and sumin went wrong not 2 sure what but now my 360 say e64 contact micrsft well i would but i voided my warenty d'oh so we tryed puting it back into moded two or what eva it was but i think that the firmware is complely shot away (i can deal with that) now if it is and there nothin i can do about the disk drive i have now can i buy another disk drive pre hacked by a pro so i don have 2 keep F***ing it up if so where how much and a link would be much appriciated but if there is a way 2 fix the didk drive please let me know i have finnished college 4 the year and only work on weekends i need suin 2 do sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

any way cheers

#2 slimgrip

slimgrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Interests:NorthWest UK's Premiere 360 Modding Service
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

Did you manage to read your firmware & get a dump?
Without a firmware backup your screwed unless your drive can be read & your key extracted.

A new drive would certainly fix your prob but you would still need a dump of your firmware from the old drive.
I can sort one out for you if you send me your old drive then i can extract the FW from it

Slim

PS. commas & full stops in your posts would help! I went blue reading that jester.gif

Edited by slimgrip, 03 July 2007 - 01:24 PM.

#3 camio

camio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

i cant remember i just remember makin a backup of the firmware and not being able 2 put it back on to the on the drive cs te pc wouldnt read it i think the drive is shot away bruv can i not just buy a disk drive with the modded firmwae on it and wap it into the xbox ???

#4 dazv6

dazv6

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(camio @ Jul 3 2007, 01:29 PM) View Post

hi there about a month or 2 ago my friend came ovr frm canada and he told me abou tthe firwae hack so i could play backups so i got exited and said lets give it a go now we spent along time and lots of money getting sata calbles dl dvd's and such its harder than u hink in england so anyway we got all the equipment opendup the xbox connected it 2 my pc and sumin went wrong not 2 sure what but now my 360 say e64 contact micrsft well i would but i voided my warenty d'oh so we tryed puting it back into moded two or what eva it was but i think that the firmware is complely shot away (i can deal with that) now if it is and there nothin i can do about the disk drive i have now can i buy another disk drive pre hacked by a pro so i don have 2 keep F***ing it up if so where how much and a link would be much appriciated but if there is a way 2 fix the didk drive please let me know i have finnished college 4 the year and only work on weekends i need suin 2 do sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

any way cheers

First thing m8, what drive do you have? what firmware did you flash? have you got your orig.bin file? this info will give peeps a better picture and may help you out a bit more.

QUOTE(camio @ Jul 3 2007, 02:15 PM) View Post

i cant remember i just remember makin a backup of the firmware and not being able 2 put it back on to the on the drive cs te pc wouldnt read it i think the drive is shot away bruv can i not just buy a disk drive with the modded firmwae on it and wap it into the xbox ???

You need the key out of your drive first, if you have a good dump of your orig.bin your key will be in there, open it up with firmware toolbox 3.1 and it will give you your key, once you have your key you can insert it into another dvd drive and use it in your 360. Just putting a new drive in without your key wont work.

#5 camio

camio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

kk so i need to find the key can look fr it atm because its on a othere computer but what will happen if i can find the original dump can i get the key frm the drive still

#6 dazv6

dazv6

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(camio @ Jul 3 2007, 02:31 PM) View Post

kk so i need to find the key can look fr it atm because its on a othere computer but what will happen if i can find the original dump can i get the key frm the drive still

if you cant find the original dump of your drive you will have to get your drive to someone with a programmer who will read your flash rom chip and hopefully get your key and reprogramme your drive back to factory firmware, without the key your 360 is an oversized paper weight.

#7 camio

camio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

ok so i got the program and when i went to get the key frm the original.bin file it sayed 'firmware versionnot supported or not valid firmawere file'

this must mean bad news lol what would u recommend

Edited by camio, 03 July 2007 - 02:40 PM.

#8 dazv6

dazv6

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:49 PM

i think the only way to recover it is to send it to someone with a programmer who should be able to sort it out for you. is your orig.bin 256kb in size? and where do you live?

#9 camio

camio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:51 PM

no the original.bin is 0.kb (thats proberbly were we went wrong) and i live in winchester in england where abouts do live

#10 dazv6

dazv6

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(camio @ Jul 3 2007, 03:27 PM) View Post

no the original.bin is 0.kb (thats proberbly were we went wrong) and i live in winchester in england where abouts do live

take it you dont have a small 2kb txt file which should have your key in it, key.txt i think its called.

You have had a bad dump of your firmware and a bad flash of your drive, best bet is to send it to the guy in the link below, go on the site and register, hit the hitachi bad flash recovery and go on from there. you will need to confirm what model hitachi you have: 46, 47, 59, 78, 79 and choose the hitachi option that your drive is under. Hopefully monkey will sort it for you, if he cannot fix it he does not charge.

http://www.consolewo...c1c19078c31450c

He is very good at what he does, he will probaly flash it correctly for you also.

Winchester, been there a few times, was working at worthy down barracks not far from the town.

good luck,
Daz (wales)

Edited by dazv6, 03 July 2007 - 03:05 PM.

#11 ando2k5

ando2k5

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(dazv6 @ Jul 3 2007, 03:38 PM) View Post

take it you dont have a small 2kb txt file which should have your key in it, key.txt i think its called.

You have had a bad dump of your firmware and a bad flash of your drive, best bet is to send it to the guy in the link below, go on the site and register, hit the hitachi bad flash recovery and go on from there. you will need to confirm what model hitachi you have: 46, 47, 59, 78, 79 and choose the hitachi option that your drive is under. Hopefully monkey will sort it for you, if he cannot fix it he does not charge.

http://www.consolewo...c1c19078c31450c

He is very good at what he does, he will probaly flash it correctly for you also.

Winchester, been there a few times, was working at worthy down barracks not far from the town.

good luck,
Daz (wales)

35 to repair a broken drive you might aswell buy a new drive if he had the firmware that is

#12 camio

camio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:35 PM

thats well kl cheers man yer i live just up the road frm worthy down in south wonston wow small world any wayc heers f the helm amn much appriated

#13 dazv6

dazv6

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(ando2k5 @ Jul 3 2007, 04:09 PM) View Post

35 to repair a broken drive you might aswell buy a new drive if he had the firmware that is

Thats the problem m8, he has no orig.bin with his key so his only option is to have it put on a programmer to have it rewritten after the key has been extracted. If he had his key then simply buy a new unit off ebay for 30 delivered and insert the key, job done.

#14 ando2k5

ando2k5

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

ye true just over priced thats all really suppose it's not as he has to take the eeprom off the drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users