8 replies to this topic

#1 sandra

sandra

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 07:44 AM

Hi? I tried desoldering my leds on the power an eject button board only one side works i tried switching them is there any way i can use the yellow wires to solder the one led that does not work on the board and if soo what wires do i solder it to theres like 9 of them.

#2 TykSak

TykSak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Interests:Modding Electronic equipment, websites and stuff ;)
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 June 2003 - 09:22 AM

This should help you

user posted image

#3 sandra

sandra

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (TykSak @ Jun 2 2003, 11:22 AM)
This should help you

user posted image

What should i do take them wires and solder them to the legs that does not work on the soldering board

#4 TykSak

TykSak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 09:40 AM

If your right side isnt lighting up solder a wire between the place where wire 8 is attached to the PCB and the LED

#5 sandra

sandra

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:14 AM

Soo the leds has 3 legs so i solder that 8 wire that goes on the 8th wire thats on the board to the 3 legs on the led an thats it cause that led thats on the right side were the yellow wires are is the side that is not working and it wont stick to the board for nothing soo dont i have to solder 3 wires to it and if soo witch one

#6 TykSak

TykSak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:25 AM

only solder the wire to one leg (marked with the number 8 on the drawing)

#7 Fire

Fire

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Internet<br />Cars<br />Computers<br />Gadgets<br />Electronics<br />TV<br />Satellite
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (sandra @ Jun 2 2003, 10:14 PM)
Soo the leds has 3 legs so i solder that 8 wire that goes on the 8th wire thats on the board to the 3 legs on the led an thats it cause that led thats on the right side were the yellow wires are is the side that is not working and it wont stick to the board for nothing soo dont i have to solder 3 wires to it and if soo witch one

lol @ stupidity with electronics!

how can u be suplying power to something if u solder 1 wire to 3 legs!
if it only needed one wire.. they would only make a 1 wire LED..
but since it needs a minimum of 2.. they made 2 legged LED's and in this case 3 legs!

Leg 1 = Positive
Leg 2 = Ground / Negative

in a 3 leg LED

Leg 1 = one color of the 2 colours (that the LED supports)
Middle Leg = ground / Negative
Leg 2 = the other colour of the 2

cheers

#8 sandra

sandra

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 12:57 PM

soo witch wires do i use i was gaing to put the led all the way in the hole and solder 3 wires under neath and solder it to the yellow wires thats underneath at the solder points but what number wires do i use to power it. And also the said you can use the one thats working and jump the wires from it but if you do it that way would i only have the same color as the side that is working and the rest of the wires thats on the other side it will not go to nothing is it safe to have all power on that one side will i have to put a resistor on it.

#9 sandra

sandra

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 01:27 PM

I no now but what ground do i use for the right side on the led the 1 or the 3 i am going to solder my led underneath the yellow wires on the soldering points using small wires to the 7 and 8 but does it matter witch gnd to use and also sinse the led is not going to get any connection to the board do i need a resistor or do i not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users