Photo

I Don't Understand Where The Svn Numbers Come From...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EODwanab

EODwanab

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

I may be a complete moron but i thought it was stated after last update that from here on out all MC360 updates would be labeled by SVN in correspondence with the XBMC SVN to make determining compatibility a bit easier. The newest one is 818 and the newest XBMC is rev 9489. I'm lsot, I never know which MC360 is compatible with which XBMC release! Is there some kind of chart or something??

#2 skyzerr33

skyzerr33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:51 PM

There just revision numbers of how many changes or bug fix's
nothing to do with compatibility

#3 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:16 AM

Revsion number is how many commits there have been to the Skinning SVN since it was first created.
The Skinning SVN and the XBMC SVN are completely different and have different numbers because of it.
Why use revision numbers ? well because its easier than trying to make up a version number (that simple)

Also note that mc360 hasn't had 818 changes thats how many changes all the skins in the SVN have had together Xbox-Classic, Clearity, xTV etc etc

#4 EODwanab

EODwanab

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:18 AM

Ok I see, well then when downloading both (XBMC and MC360) Should I jsut check the dates and ensure that the MC360 is close to but not newer than or close to but not older than the XBMC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users