#1 JamesH1985

JamesH1985

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:49 PM

Hello, today I'll be visiting pawnshops today for a psp, I do plan to play homebrew games etc on it, and i remember a site that listed all the firmwares with descriptions of what works, features, downgradable. I just do not want to buy one and not beable to load a firmware that doesnt work. anyone know the site, or what to avoid when checking what firmware is on the pawned psp's

#2 Mrcon

Mrcon

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

Hope its not too late, look on here http://www.pspmod.co...r-included.html

Its give you a list of what can be upgraded to 3.4OE which is the best firmware right now.

#3 JamesH1985

JamesH1985

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:46 AM

that helps some, I guess there isnt any psp i should avoid, seems they are all mod-able

#4 bennyblanco

bennyblanco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

1.0 is the best firmware for homebrew and games.
1.5 comes in second for doing what the 1.0 can do, 1.5 requires 2 memory sticks to run most homebrew
anything above 1.5 is just stupid.
dont listen to those idiots who promote those crappy firmwares made after 1.5 which is slow compared to my 1.0

if you think 1.0 isnt the best then you are retard like Borats brother beelo...

#5 YUNG ERIC

YUNG ERIC

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:04 AM

I would say your pretty safe if you get anything that is 3.5 or below. they recently released the released a downgrader if you get the game Illumines. but generally speaking the lower the firmware the easier it is to downgrade.

btw I recomend you get firmware 3.40 oe-a It will act like a 1.5 as far as homebrew goes (which will run any homebrew) and runs any games the require up to 3.40.

@benny blanco. have you even tried any of the custom firmwares? why is it your the only person that says 1.0 is the best when everyone else likes the custom firmwares.

#6 JamesH1985

JamesH1985

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:01 PM

Today I'm meeting someone from craigslist to buy a used psp. 100 bucks she says there is no scratches on the screen. What else should I check, I do plan to mod one day, she said she had it for 8 months. I guess volume or something, I've never held/played one.

#7 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

well the first thing you want to check is if it turns on. Also check if it will read UMD's fine, and that things from the memory stick will load such as music if you can. Also check what firmware version it is (its always good to know what version you got before buying).

Other than that your good to go

#8 YUNG ERIC

YUNG ERIC

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

yeah to check what firmware it is got to settings ->system settings -> system Information

#9 gorgs

gorgs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:11 AM

get anything that is 3.5 or below.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users