813 replies to this topic

#406 andefobe

andefobe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(impimpin206 @ Oct 12 2007, 12:29 AM) View Post

You want to make it DVD9 size instead of DVD5 cause your bitrate will be too low on a 1080p encode @ DVD5 file size.

I see many people use DVD9-size even for a 720p encode. Is this to get even better birate and quality ?

#407 sumotherdude

sumotherdude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:51 PM

Thank you so much for this! I've been trying to do this forever and Encode360 just doesn't work for me. Aside from a couple sync issues (probably related to the video sources), I've gotten PERFECT conversions that stream beautifully to my 360 from TVersity.

THANK YOU!

John

#408 whozyodaddy

whozyodaddy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:12 PM

Halfway through encoding I get a "unsupported file (error code 0x80048003)". The video displays correctly in the preview despite TMPGEnc stopping at 49% of the encode. How can I fix this?

#409 whozyodaddy

whozyodaddy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(whozyodaddy @ Oct 14 2007, 10:48 PM) View Post

Halfway through encoding I get a "unsupported file (error code 0x80048003)". The video displays correctly in the preview despite TMPGEnc stopping at 49% of the encode. How can I fix this?

I got it fixed. I installed ffdshow tryouts.

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/

#410 pue5tube

pue5tube

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

Thx for this guide! I converted my first mkv last night and it worked great on my vista desktop. One problem though...

The first 5 minutes, give or take a couple, seem to be a bit choppy. the source is not this way. the audio never goes out of sync, but the video is still choppy for that first 5 minutes. it's like frames are dropped. let me know if you have a solution to this problem. i'm afraid it will do the same thing for every conversion.

many thx in advance!

#411 noremacyug

noremacyug

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(pue5tube @ Oct 15 2007, 03:35 PM) View Post

Thx for this guide! I converted my first mkv last night and it worked great on my vista desktop. One problem though...

The first 5 minutes, give or take a couple, seem to be a bit choppy. the source is not this way. the audio never goes out of sync, but the video is still choppy for that first 5 minutes. it's like frames are dropped. let me know if you have a solution to this problem. i'm afraid it will do the same thing for every conversion.

many thx in advance!

i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this issue to be corrected. might as well use nic's wmenc method.

#412 impimpin206

impimpin206

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Multimedia, xbox/360 hacking, football, and breaking girls' hearts.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(pue5tube @ Oct 15 2007, 01:35 PM) View Post

many thx in advance!

What version of Avisynth? Are you using ffdshow tryouts? Have you raised your video RAM in the TMPGEnc options (CPU) ?

Noremacyug, go fuck yourself faggot.

#413 noremacyug

noremacyug

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE(impimpin206 @ Oct 16 2007, 09:05 AM) View Post

What version of Avisynth? Are you using ffdshow tryouts? Have you raised your video RAM in the TMPGEnc options (CPU) ?

Noremacyug, go fuck yourself faggot.

what the hell man. i wasn't knocking your method and for that matter it's what i recommend to people asking how to do this conversion. but, to my knowledge, this issue has not been solved and i wouldn't be waiting around for a solution, i was giving him a working solution. if he gets it fixed i hope he shares it so i can go back to this method. but i've googled it numerous times and posted a blue million times about it both here and other places. just trying to save him some time and headache.

so you can either grow up and lay off or take your own advice. good grief!

Edited by noremacyug, 17 October 2007 - 04:05 AM.

#414 thetman

thetman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:34 PM

anyone know how to do subtitles?, i have my mkv and srt files which play subtitles in media player classic but now I want to mux them into my WMV-HD re-encode.

#415 pue5tube

pue5tube

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(noremacyug @ Oct 17 2007, 03:25 AM) View Post

what the hell man. i wasn't knocking your method and for that matter it's what i recommend to people asking how to do this conversion. but, to my knowledge, this issue has not been solved and i wouldn't be waiting around for a solution, i was giving him a working solution. if he gets it fixed i hope he shares it so i can go back to this method. but i've googled it numerous times and posted a blue million times about it both here and other places. just trying to save him some time and headache.
so you can either grow up and lay off or take your own advice. good grief!

Finally, after dozens of programs, codec packs, and weeks of trial and error...

I have a solution for converting mkv to wmv-hd for the xbox 360 that produces smooth playback with 5.1 audio. Here's what I did on my Vista system...

1) Uninstall all codec packs
2) Run the Codec_TweakTool to remove and fix codecs
3) Install the Vista Codec Package (I left all options at defaults)
4) Install latest AviSynth and create .avs script file for the movie.mkv
5) Install Windows Media Encoder with Vista hotfix
5) Load the .avs script file into the standalone WMNicEnc in order to convert just the audio track to WMA Pro 10
6) Load the mkv into Windows Vista Movie Maker and convert with the included xbox 360 wmv-hd profile (produces a 29.97fps video file that's buttery smooth, with fantastic clarity, in a very reasonable amount of time)
7) Load the 5.1 wma 10 file and wmv-hd file into Windows Media Stream Editor; then select the 5.1 wma for audio and just the video track in the wmv-hd file for video. Create the new file.

Done.

Hope this helps someone out. Time to watch a movie...

-Bitwize

#416 noremacyug

noremacyug

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(pue5tube @ Oct 17 2007, 07:21 PM) View Post

Finally, after dozens of programs, codec packs, and weeks of trial and error...

I have a solution for converting mkv to wmv-hd for the xbox 360 that produces smooth playback with 5.1 audio. Here's what I did on my Vista system...

1) Uninstall all codec packs
2) Run the Codec_TweakTool to remove and fix codecs
3) Install the Vista Codec Package (I left all options at defaults)
4) Install latest AviSynth and create .avs script file for the movie.mkv
5) Install Windows Media Encoder with Vista hotfix
5) Load the .avs script file into the standalone WMNicEnc in order to convert just the audio track to WMA Pro 10
6) Load the mkv into Windows Vista Movie Maker and convert with the included xbox 360 wmv-hd profile (produces a 29.97fps video file that's buttery smooth, with fantastic clarity, in a very reasonable amount of time)
7) Load the 5.1 wma 10 file and wmv-hd file into Windows Media Stream Editor; then select the 5.1 wma for audio and just the video track in the wmv-hd file for video. Create the new file.

Done.

Hope this helps someone out. Time to watch a movie...

-Bitwize

looks like this is for vista, but i may see if i can do a xp version of this procedure. thanks for the info.

#417 skippy911jp

skippy911jp

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE(noremacyug @ Oct 18 2007, 01:57 AM) View Post

looks like this is for vista, but i may see if i can do a xp version of this procedure. thanks for the info.

I second that a xp version would rock smile.gif I never was able to get the original tutorial to work because my codecs were messed up. Thanks to the OP for his method as I am sure it helped many people I just could never get it to work.

#418 pue5tube

pue5tube

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(skippy911jp @ Oct 18 2007, 02:00 AM) View Post

I second that a xp version would rock smile.gif I never was able to get the original tutorial to work because my codecs were messed up. Thanks to the OP for his method as I am sure it helped many people I just could never get it to work.

To further enhance this Vista method, I have create a profile with the windows media profile editor and now use that for my movie maker encodes. I have to create a different profile for each video size, i.e. 1280x720, 1280x544.

My settings for 1280x720 profile are...

audio: CBR, windows media audio 9.2, 0kbps 8hz, mono (as we will replace this track with the 5.1 wma)
video: Quality Based VBR, windows media advanced profile, 1280x720, fps = 23.976, key frame interval = 2, video quality = 97 (i found this to be the best video quality without noticeable degradation)

Movie Maker is finicky about the profile settings so the ones above are the best that work with Movie Maker. it won't recognize many settings.

I now encode the mkv audio to wma professional 10 at VBR quality 98, 48kHz, 5.1, 24 bit VBR, using WMNicEnc.

Then create the final wmv with windows media stream editor.

#419 mikaru

mikaru

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:14 PM

How do you set the CPU priority for TMPGEnc xpress in vista? CPU priority is always set to low, I change it in task manager but it goes back in a few seconds. I cant find a setting in TMPGEnc or ffdshow to control the priority. I would think that having the cpu priority to low would increase encoding time since all of the other processes now have priority over TMPGEnc. I'm almost sure you used to be able to set this in earlier versions of TMPGEnc. Any help would be appreciated.

...Nevermind, i figured it out. Right click on the preview window and set the priority there. its only for this encode but it works. I looked forever, but as soon as I ask the question I find the solution...go figure!

BTW great tutorial on converting

Mike

Edited by mikaru, 18 October 2007 - 04:24 PM.

#420 katz

katz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:08 AM

impimpin206,

does this work with DTS 5.1 .mkv files aswell ?

Also, how does this beat encode360 ? encode seems easier to use. Im not against ur method, im new to this and just asking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users