Photo

Xbox Doesn't Always Boot The First Time.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 icuubi

icuubi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

Ok all, let me pick your brains.

My xbox is currently connected to a TV via a RCA -> Cable adapter since my TV is ancient. Heres the problem though, the adapter has a LED on that is on while its recieving a signal (from the xbox). However lately its been taking up to 5 trys of powercycling the xbox for it to actually display to the TV.

I thought it might be the adapter box going bad, but whats freaking me out is my XBOX isn't fully booting up either, since I have my front panel LED set to red and its staying green the entire time.

I'm not sure what it could be, as once its up and running it runs fine and does everything I need it to. Any ideas?

Edited by icuubi, 06 July 2007 - 04:55 PM.

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:05 PM

How is your box modded, and when its working properly, whats the first thing you would see during bootup? Flubber? Or does video typically take time to kick in?

#3 spinyshooter

spinyshooter

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:paintball, archery, computers, airsoft, hunting, jail, girls, and on top of it all my xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(triggernum5 @ Jul 6 2007, 12:41 PM) View Post

How is your box modded

In his signature

#4 icuubi

icuubi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(triggernum5 @ Jul 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

How is your box modded, and when its working properly, whats the first thing you would see during bootup? Flubber? Or does video typically take time to kick in?

My box is modded via Krayzie's NDure 1.1 007 Softmod. I've done some more testing and found that this also happens on a TV with RCA inputs, so its not the adapter box like I though. sad.gif

And thats just the thing, I'll hit the power button and the front panel LED turns green (turns to red when fully booted via the softmod) and the box powers up, but theres nothing on the screen.

If you hit the CD eject button a couple of times the tray will open, the LED turns red and then flubber appears, but after the flubber sequence it goes to a blank screen.

So its to the point where maybe 1 in 5 presses of the power button will get flubber to come up and the box will boot and operate properly.

Any ideas?

#5 icuubi

icuubi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:10 PM

I swapped my OEM hard disc in yesterday and it still did this on the first boot. Rebooted about 5 more times and it booted properly everytime. Swapped my 120GB one back in and it worked every time for 5 boots. Put everything back together and let the xbox sit for awhile, and then its back to the same thing.

Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users