• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phatmike128

phatmike128

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:39 AM

I got a 360 and the drive wouldn't open, the drive hasn't been modified in anyway (using originals) but after putting a pin in the hole the drive will now open and close, however after closing it will open again. And when turning the machine off it will open the tray then turn off (wierd- like hitachi mode b functionality right?).

Anyway I've taken the drive apart, and played with the rubber band, tried moving the cogs etc to move the tray manually. I found when watching the tray close (and it is fully closed), the laser assembly wont move and 'pick up' the disc. However by moving the cog at the front of the drive to the left manually the assembly would 'pick up' the disc and try to start reading it ('Reading' would appear on the TV finally) but wouldn't spin correctly.

I've read through a lot and tried things like pressing on the top of the drive case, haven't tried another rubberband yet though as I don't have any that small and tight..

Can anyone suggest something else?

#2 kr0nikk

kr0nikk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:36 PM

i had the same problem

my disc would not read games horizontally...

what i had to do was flip it vertical, wait for it to read, than place it back horizontal (do this carefully, could scratch your games)

or you could try it vertically

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users