Photo

Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Microsoft's Biggest Mistake with the 360?

Microsoft's Biggest Mistake with the 360?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:54 PM

Where's the one SKU with a HDD in there?

Anyways, I voted for the crappy d-pad....

#77 brunobelo

brunobelo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(Nosf3ratu @ Jul 10 2007, 07:58 AM) View Post

I think their biggest mistake was not including a high-def optical drive like Sony did. All of the console failures can be fixed but developers are really going to need extra storage in the future for when the games start to get big. I've been over multi-disc games since the 32-bit era, having them on a next-gen console is ridiculous. As for my 360, I've never had a problem with it.

Nope. Games got smaller and prettier as the time pass. 9gb is the ideal size, the media is cheap and we really don't need more than that. You should read this article:

http://www.gamesfirs...dex.php?id=1132

It's a really good article about this issue. :-)

#78 UltimateNinja9

UltimateNinja9

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

Microsoft made Internet Explorer which is the most used web browser ever, and somehow they end up making the only nextgen console that can't surf the web. What's up with that?

#79 UberNube

UberNube

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 July 2007 - 03:13 PM

i voted lack of web browser, i really want one bad.

#80 jdsun1

jdsun1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(XaN4 @ Jul 8 2007, 11:51 PM) View Post

i would have voted for all of them i can M$ did a very bad job on this console they put really cheap parts into this console i love what sony is doing and im not a sony fanboy is that sony gets no money from the console at all but all from games i wish M$ would put more time and money into the 360 a hd-dvd drive would not be that much more if was built in but really pisses me off is that the mics suck major balls i cant her crap out of them and some times the qualty is so bad i cat understand people

POS Fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 grr.gif

#81 Koyuki

Koyuki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:15 PM

I don't know about you but, XBMC is one of the reason why Xbox kicked PS2 and GC. I use it all the time.

I voted limited file support.

1. The 360 is a powerful machine, so why don't MS take advantage of that. Give us XBMC, I want to play DivX/Xvid files++.
2. Internal HDD or HDD at all. You can download stuff from Xbox Live, but if you buy the Core version you don't have a hdd? Even the old Xbox had a hdd. Solution Core=20GB Premium=120GB.
3. Red Ring of Dead. I've haven't had so many problems, just an E74 error. I think MS may have rushed a bit. So don't try to deny it, just fix it. I think it's cheaper to fix the problems, make new 360s and give us new machines instead of reparing them. It's expensive to repair them.
4. Builtin HDMI. Nuff said
5. Built-in WiFi. Heck it costs probably 20$ extra manufacture. Small cost for something so important. Zune has bulit-in WiFi. It costs 120$ where I live huh.gif
6. That brings me to another thing, overpriced accessories.
7. Cheaper HDD addon. And why don't get a Blueray version?
8. Webbrowser? Even my mobilphone from 2003 has it.
9. More support for USB devices.
10. Like my first concern. MS you got a powerful machine and Xbox Live. Take it to your full advantage. I want to see more apps to the 360.

Even so the 360 is one hell of a console. There hasn't been so many great games coming to a PC/console like this fall. Especially to 360. Despite the flaws I love my 360. love.gif

#82 bassquake

bassquake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:23 PM

smile.gif Yeh... what he said! ^^^

#83 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

personally i thoguht this gen of gaming would be sick instead it is amazing but everyhting breaks down easy which well make me stick with a good ole trusty modded xbox and hacked psp to allow homebrew and alot more which im fine with until these freakin companies learn how to update there console instead of competing with each other they should think about the customer first not there stupid competition pathetic fools

#84 1NightStandard

1NightStandard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:44 PM

MS is becoming a lot like Apple and Sony....
$99 for a wifi, $40 for a pos charger, ....

#85 Gnash

Gnash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

I agree. Microsoft certainly needs to change its ways, not only with gaming, but also with regard to general computer.

Microsoft Vista was an abolute disaster; I hope that this topples the Microsoft monopoly and allows linux to come in.

With regards to gaming, the Wii certainly is better than the Xbox: cheaper, better games, and it is more popular as the "next generation" console.

#86 raygod

raygod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:18 PM

OK, I know i'm going to get flamed for saying this but It must be said because although i'm not a microsoft lover, I do have to give them some credit for dealing with this situation in a good way. They increased their warranty, they've provided warranty's as they initially were supposed to. (yes not that long of a warranty initially, but still something).

On such a large scale launch with a powerful console, I think they've done a great job. Well maybe i'm just talking like this because I've had only one issue with my xbox 360 (low quality headset) since I bought it on launch day (on eBay) for $650 plus shipping!

I do have to agree that the headset is of low quality. I don't blame them there though. They are playing a dangerous game with these powerful consoles and selling them off for so cheap!. You get what you pay for usually and I think they've done an excellent job there. I can't complain even at 650 USD for my console as it's a wicked computer that does what it's supposed to do!

I voted for the media playback simply because I love watching movies on my HDTV set rather than on my PC and everytime I want to do so, I first have to convert my video either to a dvd or to the xbox 360 media format. This is time consuming but I live with it. I know there are addons for streaming divx to the 360 and i've tried them, some of them work great! some of them freeze up after awhile so I stopped using them and if i'm lazy i'll try with a new install and they usually work fine for awhile. (4 movies or so before it stops working).

- Microsoft increasing their warranty and admitting to problems with many of their consoles. A+

- Microsoft doing something about it. A+

- NEW PS3 games looking sweet ass on 1080p. A+

looking forward to what the future holds and won't be posting anything further regardless of who's flaming who and who's having a death match on here.

Cya,

Ricky

#87 reval4tion

reval4tion

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:11 AM

The RROD was a mistake but their biggest error was not correcting it when it surfaced. They shouldnt have waited and denied it's existence. If they would have fixed it right away it would of saved ms lots of time, money, and most importantly it would of given them a better rep.

#88 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:14 AM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=462099

Guess M$ never read that thread and looked at the dates of the posts. Or the other 10000000 stories, posts, blogs on the net that told them they had a major problem.

Bring on the 65nm, shit I'll try again.

#89 DeQuosaek

DeQuosaek

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:51 PM

Microsoft's biggest mistake with the 360? Locking it down so hard to prevent homebrew applications form being run. I can see doing that to prevent copying of games, but now there are hacks to play copied games, but no way to run homebrew. That would be a huge plus and would help really unlock the potential of the 360. I can only imagine how great XBMC could be on the 360. Not to mention the hundreds of other homebrew apps that could be realized.

That's my opinion on Microsoft's biggest mistake with the 360. I vote to have that added as a new option to the poll. smile.gif

#90 ThUgLoVe

ThUgLoVe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

the ROD was a mistake that could've happened to any launch console.the biggest mistake was not fixing the problem ASAP and siting around hoping it would just go away.

if they would have fixed it say within the 1st few months then they could have saved atleast 500mil and said something along the lines of

"yes the launch 360's has this problem,but we have fixed it for newer consoles and we are offering a free replacement for those launch consoles"

and that would have been the end of it.instead they sat around and let the problem snowball into what it is today.

I See the lack of built in HDDVD hurting the format more so then the console.thats the single reason bluray has even got a foot in the door right now.if ms would have just stuck an hddvd in the 360 from the start it would be the standard and BR would have been DOA...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users