Photo

Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Microsoft's Biggest Mistake with the 360?

Microsoft's Biggest Mistake with the 360?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 ThUgLoVe

ThUgLoVe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(UltimateNinja9 @ Jul 21 2007, 09:21 AM) View Post

Microsoft made Internet Explorer which is the most used web browser ever, and somehow they end up making the only nextgen console that can't surf the web. What's up with that?

I too would really like to have a browser,but all of the ones ive tried (DC,XBOX,WII ect)they all down right SUCK!!!!! a joystick doesnt even come close to a mouse,and sure the chat add on thingy would help,but with out something to scroll the window around and move a pointer then its just useless.and thats not even getting into links,flash,download ect..

if they cant make it work like the one your using now on your PC then dont even brother.

#92 vanRossum

vanRossum

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:57 PM

Denying/Ignoring RRoD for 1.5y

We can't really blame them for having errors with this ball grid array. But it is astonishing that the researchers at xbox-scene already raised questions about the cooling when the box was first opened late 2005.

Bet you the engineers at MS have indicated this as a potential opertional risk to the management in 2005. Then continue to produce them without changes, even if repairs stat to exceed normal levels mid 2006 ?
At least the 50% of the 10 M in total units (5 M during Q4 2006) could have been mark II versions.

Mine has a RoD since yesterday :-( Did a quick repair "with the towels" to see if that was really the error. Yes. It is working fine now. But will only last another few weeks.

Having heard the stories about the service messed up and being an experienced overclocker from the Pentium II III (Peltier element ring a bell ?) i'm gona repair the problem myself using the clamp replacement. Seems a good solution to my engineering point of view. Just fixed the PCB at the clamping point to the steel plate of the cover.

Don't mind receiving another box but would be upset if it didn't contain a Samsung (25, 28) or Toshiba (46, 47) drive. You know what i'm saying ?

Since i'm opening the box, gonna flash the drive and cover it up in a chameleon :-).

#93 Krazed

Krazed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:58 AM

Then denial stage is what hurt microsoft in their 10 step program for addicted gamers laugh.gif I just wish 360 could run XBMC, then I could deal with all else that happens. I love my xbox1, and wouldn't trade it for the world. love.gif

also what about all the people who threw their 360 out because ms didn't address the problem sooner. I mean, 90 day warranty, come on now

#94 Mr007

Mr007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:52 AM

None of above,M$ biggest mistake was making the hard drive optional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users